mini el pipe o : Raptor 6 in a tube

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I get 2 Raptor 6 and would like to put them in tube to get 2 mini el pipe O:D.

resonance is 53 Hz so the 1⁄4 wavelength
is 1.55 meter, right ? (it's about 5.18 ft).

the tube will be 5 ft long and 6 in diameter, and the question is :

is the volume ok ? it's 23.8 liter.

Thanks,

Blo

Technical Facts Speakers
Impedance (Z)

Resonant frequency (fs)
53Hz

Max. frequency range
f3-800Hz

Music power
300WMAX

Power rating (P)
100WRMS

SPL (1W/1m)
88dB

Suspension compl. (Cms)
0.38mm/N

Moving mass (Mms)
23g

Mech. Q factor (Qms)

Electr. Q factor (Qes)

Total Q factor (Qts)

Equivalent volume (Vas)
6.9 l

DC resistance (Re)
3.4Ω

Force factor (BxL)
7.6 Tm

Voice coil induct. (Le)
0.6mH

Voice coil diameter
25mm

Voice coil former
KAPTON

Linear excursion (XMAX)
±9mm

Eff. cone area (Sd)
113cm2

Magnet weight
850g

Weight
2.4kg

I'm using a mathcad template written by Martin J. King to model your driver in a transmission line, I tried 1.55m initially but it requires both more fill and a carefull application of said fill to not sound boomy, 2m with a little stuffing was a sweet spot I chose from experience that will go lower and be less tempremental to get good results out of. (I make TL enclosures for a living, allbeit for car audio but still)

The volume isn't something I concern my self with so long as it fits where it needs to go and the area of the line isn't too crazy compared to the SD of the driver (1.6:1 in this case being more or less ideal), it's not critical like it is in a vented enclosure.

Hi all, .. How does it sound?..

Hi Rascalito,

If ever built the Op suggested pipe would not sound good at all as the pipe volume for this driver would be too large.

Should be at or below 2 x Vas if in a Nd pipe to allow sensible amount of stuffing to cure the very peaked response.

b:)

Attachments

• Raptor-6.JPG
    Raptor-6.JPG
    510.1 KB · Views: 151
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.