1/4 Wave Flared Vent T-Line/Horn/Bass Reflex Enclosure Calculator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
1/4 Wave Flared Vent T-Line/Horn/Bass Reflex Enclosure Calculator | DB DYNAMIX AUDIO

52__480x360_ssstyleports.jpg

I ran upon the calculator (online Excel Spreadsheet) for this design while researching tapped horns. However, I have not been able to find any information about this particular design.

It's not important. I doubt that it can perform as well as a tapped horn/pipe design.

But, looking at the box itself, and the similarities it shares with the DIY enclosure designs posted here at this forum such as the furybox, the THMini, and jbell's tapped horn construction as examples, I was wondering how hard it might be for someone skilled in programming (or excell spreadsheets) to modify this calculator to input the relevant hornresp data of the modeled horn segments and easily calculate a preferred enclosure based upon the designer's preferred outside box dimensions, provided, of course, that the required parameters can be made to fit the modeler's constraints?

Just an idea that I thought might be a useful time-saver for those who do a lot of TH sims.

If it's a flawed idea it won't be my first.
icon9.gif

Dane

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.