30hz 10" tapped horn magic?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
just did a quick hornresp. what do you think for my music room?
Type : Davis 25 SCA 10W
Impedance (Ohm) : 6 ohm
Sensitivity (dB) : 92
Fs : 28 Hz
Re : 5.96 ohm
Res : 34.32 ohm
Qms : 2.23
Qes : 0.39
Qts : 0.33
BL : 10.08
Xmax : 4 mm
Cms : 712 μm/N
Mms : 30.9 g
Vas : 109 L
Sd : 330 sq. cm.
Le : 0.53 mH
see attachment

Attachments

• spl.jpg
    spl.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 532
There was a horn in the 60th that i build in the 70th called "Schmacks Horn" that also got down to 30Hz and was not extremely big. It sounded great as far as i remember and i plan to build one again soon. I whould like to show my son what we did in hippy time.
I build that horn from soft chipboard with the kitchen knife of my mother. I stated at noon and at 8PM i had it ready for party on that day. We called that BEAT Abend.

Thanks ,Joachim...I had been vague but those horn designs have been very inspirational to me some years ago . I was saying that fashion changed a little from 30 years and now I would expect the same impact from a little 2 way box . Not to talk of subs ,where power and heat demands (of the magnets) has to be considered.

yes, i am also listening to conventional boxes but because of my MPP thread where i whould like to design a total sytem i was interested in high sensitivity again. i think designs like this horn or dipols are ideal for DIY. they are hard to get in good quality comercially and when they are very expensive because of the woodwork and the expensive drivers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.