My latest build SS 23W

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is my latest build - just finished a Scan-Speak 23W subwoofer to match with Ellis 1801b speakers.
I'm using Stochino amps to drive the 1801s, an Aussieamplifier 200W amp to drive the 23W and a Borbely All-FET crossover to split at 100Hz
Here is the first photo of the build - I used 25mm MDF sandwiched to 12mm fiddleback stringybark - finished with 3 coats of danish oil

Attachments

• sub-build-top.jpg
    sub-build-top.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 408
I've just made a minor adjustment to the crossover to increase gain in the LP buffer stage from unity to 6dB, as the 23W seems very inefficient (if you're after high SPLs this isn't the driver). Now I have the balance just right between the 1801s and the sub. Integration is very good and the sub does go deep. Bass is nice and tight and the combination of the 2 is sweet - they really do go very nicely together (if anything I think the sub improves the 1801s - lets the Seas concentrate on its strong point). I am very happy with the result.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.