slaps = acoustic lever?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dumb question... but with the different size surrounds front and rear... is an earthquake slaps, effectively the same thing as dr. geddes acoustic lever? and is that why earthquake claims +6db?

Attachments

• slaps-18[1].jpg
    slaps-18[1].jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 297
Earthquake claims that a combination of the 'M' surround and the big roll surround that it's linear over 1.5" of travel (3" p-p). I have to believe that the differences in the surrounds presents different pressure areas on one side vs the other, which would be a lever.

I know in earthquake subs I've watched with the slaps, I see the slaps appear to move MUCH further than the driver.

My thought was that this is a lever, and it solves the issue geddes had with having a device mfg'd that would have sufficient travel, and not prematurely fail.

If this is a lever.. another interesting part to me, is that both the slaps, and the lever are patented..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.