Hornresp

Can anyone make sense about of the Schematic view in HornResp, I'm looking at a tractrix horn for example and I have no idea on how to intepret its length/mouth width etc...no mater where I put the mouse cursor I just get a notice showing a "dash" and "10cm" rofl! Plz be gentle.

Unsure of issue. Try importing this record and see what's different?

Attachments

• trax_eg.txt
    162 bytes · Views: 53
Can anyone make sense about of the Schematic view in HornResp

The Schematic Diagram shows an axisymmetric view of the specified horn. The drawing is accurately scaled, with the red line in the example shown representing a scaled length of 10 cm. The scale line is included to give the user an indication of the size of the horn.

Select the File > Export > Horn Data menu command from the Schematic Diagram window to export detailed dimension data.

Read the 'Schematic Diagram' and 'Export Horn Data' sections in the Help file for further information.

Attachments

• Attach_1.png
    Attach_1.png
    47.6 KB · Views: 168
Further to my message above, selecting the Tools > 3-D Wireframe View menu command from the Schematic Diagram window displays the image shown in the attachment (for the given tractrix example). Clicking and dragging the mouse changes the orientation of the image.

The '3-D Wireframe View' section in the Help file contains further information.

Attachments

• Attach_1.png
    Attach_1.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 157
David - update about Alt-F-F report. Basically, it worked almost everywhere else :) First, please accept my apology for reporting it at all. After some testing in 4 desktop environments, the shortcut combination worked in two of them so I'm finally on the right trail. Obviously, it was not an HR issue. It was also NOT a wine issue (which I incorrectly suspected first). Thank you again for all you have done for us. Almost daily, I continue to learn much by means of your generous gift to our world.

David - update about Alt-F-F report.

Hi grindstone,

Thanks for the Alt-F-F report update. When I tested originally, I used the default record, which meant that the 'Paste Driver from Database' menu command was disabled.

I suspect that you must have used a different record (in Edit mode), so that the 'Paste Driver from Database' menu command would have been enabled. Pressing Alt+F would have opened the 'File' menu and pressing F again would have given the 'Paste Driver from Database' menu command the focus, but not open the form because the 'Find' menu command also used F as the shortcut key, and Visual Basic would not have known which of the two you wished to select. If you had pressed the F key again the focus would have toggled from the 'Paste Driver from Database' menu command to the 'Find' menu command. This is standard Visual Basic functionality.

Changing the menu command to 'Paste Driver from Database' (shortcut key changed from F to M) fixed the problem :).

Kind regards,

David

Hornresp Update 5310-211006

Hi Everyone,

BUG FIX 1

The Loudspeaker Wizard menu command was being disabled when a new record was created using the Input Wizard, even if the newly-created record was one that could normally be opened in the Loudspeaker Wizard. This bug has now been fixed.

BUG FIX 2

Schematic 3 in the Three-Way Multiple Entry Horn Loudspeaker Wizard was showing the size of the composite ME1 driver diaphragm, rather than the size of the composite ME2 driver diaphragm. This bug has now been fixed.

Kind regards,

David

Attachments

• Attach_1.png
    Attach_1.png
    62.3 KB · Views: 192
  • Attach_2.png
    Attach_2.png
    51.2 KB · Views: 199
It’s nice to see your NAME mentioned , and used as a reference, a few times in this book full of the great ones Mr. McBean! I still dont know how the heck you managed to stack acoustical maths up in such a perfect way (speed of sound set as a certain temp/pressure has a slight bump) in what that it reveals a response and details in void /peak all the way out to 20000 hz that mimics the solar systems landmarks? and a staggered pattern between them (Fournier transform?) AND the same numbers as total seconds on a clock for an entire day /night x2 ? AND also 365.236 days in 360degrees around the sun x4 (14620 exactly!!!??) that’s about as impossibly/amazingly accurate as impossible is unless its to the very precise numbers needed for a total eclipse of the sun in its ultra rare set of circumstances we take for granted. I mean, nobody really even considers ‘leap year and it’s bigggr cycle’ yet you can observe it I’m in a easier way once these become 1/4 wave hzs lengths instead if hundred million or billion kms.

It’s as if we drop into Quantum McBean land or 1/4 wave parts in 1/4, 3/4, 5/4 segments of pipe heaven, LOL?? But it was always here to see. It Just took the right mode to expose it (PH1 is monster of amazing things that produce an easy to repeat in many drivers and octaves grouped like in subwoofer and then a midBass/kick of the same design that follow the same pattern just proportionally shortened precisely as horn response forces/requires it by 30,10 (driver entries) 90/30 and 180/60 270/90 . That’s both ducts in the sub woofer can but it’s also the longer duct to start the sim in the lesser but matching Kickbin it that’s the mini duplicate. So simple and yet never woulda found this ever …it was just muddy waters for even Harry Olson or so maybe he just stuck to the full range spread in a ‘CH’ and the patents for RCA in the 1930s..?

Im learning so many angles and vectors summing from them.. and thus creating so much crazy sawdust and glued/screwed contraptions as a result of it, I sound like a retard , but maybe because I don’t think words can even keep up or catch up With it all! Hahaaa!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    980.1 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Shoot, DMB needs to get some residuals from that book. He designed the #1 software on the planet to model ANY enclosure.

This is very true and it seems it’s not just for modeling ideas to create working cabinets. It might also have ‘answers’ or concepts as numbers of reference to things not typically associsted with horns and pipes, etc. it might just be in math of / and about many things in physics if you provide the right numerical ‘verbs’ in a question of nouns ? It seems any number that’s decimal positions indefinitely (like ‘pi ‘ or Eulers number, or PHI, or the secret circle link to multidimensional shape volumes :pi/6(likely the most amazing of them all it seems ) are like ‘verbs’ in a math language ?

http://articles.adsabs.harvard.edu/pdf/1976ARA&A..14..215P

TLDR: skip this if you’re just building great speakers with horn response and don’t care about weird science :D this has nothing to do with speakers(at first) , it’s however related and so I thought to share it . but it’s obviously confusing and even harder to type any good descriptions so take it as a grain of salt or just skip it . It’s not to clog up this thread. It’s just in the math within and …? I don’t know, but maybe we will figure it out with ‘sound’ ?

All if this and in a very very strangely accurate way is very very well represented in horn response. Including the fact that (page 27 on the pdf, table) Jupiter’s moons are mimicking earths orbital details and the maths of it broken into seasons with the ‘leap year’ accurate to 360 plus 5.236. Or what I use in horn response to get exact results (29.99792458 cm) 30 cm in each of the PH1 parts as offsets and totals group s1-s2—s3 then all the way to —>s4(0-30—>90, 90-180(s3)180-270(s4). And in parallel as s6-9 0-30—>90. All then given a 30 cm L45 (joined exit) to which the response se details get reducilously close to (and if you look further increasingly so when you math out the details as angles and dangles in trigonometry of a sphere vs circle (in triangles : hexagons/dodecahydron…patterns (as node anti node of pressure wave) in harmonics? Of a spin 360, or 1440(4), of the long term correction as 14620(1440 in ‘time units of 11/7 is 90 degrees but it’s also 104.76 as 60, 157.14 as 90 and 3.142857142 as 180 abd this must be done in horn response (exactly! ) or you see the details if upper response falls apart and quickly a ‘crease ‘ will turn at the 86.4 hz hiding in every sim but also seen as 860 and 8600 as the 2/7 and 12/7 of what is essentially the grand scale of 22/7 in expanding spheres or ‘waves’ that dustribute the planets and the long term mooons and not yet discovered Where they are ‘exactly’ by orbital mean or aggregated maths of elipyucal shapes forced on things trying to be ‘perfect” and finding a very complex ‘harmony and strangely it’s always the same end result in the nmucricism (planet) as the macro (planets ) while it all has a creepy signature that’s the same ‘writing’ as only earth defines in the ‘leapyear or what us debabdued by a qw pipe as 0.5236(1.0476 in an offset driver to 299.9792458 cm . (The speed of light at its parallex angle to infinity which aligns perfect in reality(planetary locations in trig (with Z axis ) and orbital n sound in a subwoiferctubes to the Same on earth that anyone can study or tweak to even fiber details as can be seen there’s an exact vs ‘kinda close to perfect’ and they’re by hard to find once you do.

Its thevodd harmonic? 0.3492, but compounded pipes push it to another reference (description of the node of the first after 1/4 fundamental) . It’s easy to get confused as a standing wave or not (odd numbered or doubled in the room ? Or I pipe? It’s reflection but it is hard to keep track of as there’s a compounded pipe system tooo?
But this can be repeated and used in the next grouping of speakers (kick/midBass/whatever and then you’re stacking perfect on perfect and if you oook up the mincers you find you’re just repeating thys as if it’s the second layer in our own solar systen(the su or Jupiter in reference to scaling from a fundamental so to speak (hard to describe typing).

This wound seem to be then very very useful in predicting things. And things like past couple diatoms in the solar system reveal a response (and details) of ??? Whatever you put into the sim and represent ads missing gravity or an out of sequence situation which has in fact occurred if you ask a dinosaur or the size of the sun over ‘time’ when pi wasn’t the c = 2pi r it currently is as 43.7/6.955008. (X10^x miles vs 27/4.32 kms. Or 432000 radius and half a days seconds on earth at a solstice/equinox point (node). And what defines everything including the optic nerve and ear functions in qw parts do to evolution of it over time. Which is akward for us alll currebtyly as music is becoming sounds that are artificially complex and different than our ears and brains have the minute details to define as a location or a message instead of ?? Out if time or dangerous in its position be it a Sabre tooth tiger, a thunder and lightning or pluto and Neptune after the very ak are inverted Uranus. All the upper hatkibcs in the basic model we know as 5/4,7/4,****, 9/4,11/4. Or ?? It seems 11/7,22/7,33/7,44/7, with a problem accruing and that’s 5.236 in 360. Which is essentially sh m in PH1 mode as it exploits the needed entries to ‘perfect aligned ‘ to something ? And it seems that all pivoting off the leap year from it’s Angle/curd/arc seconds at the sun. Which is the odd harmonic of pipe parts we use in all of this to force ‘extra’ details or bandwidth in our own cabinets ? The devil is truly in the details , but it seems the key to it all is found in this I suppose? Because it wants and only accepts what it defines as perfect ?? It’s 12 parts of a circle abd the L45 as anither. But you’re forced to keep a CSA in parts that make a patern too. This is where things narrow down even more so and it’s aligned to precise exact 0.5236 and 5.236 and 52.36 exactly like speed so math shows us if you put a sphere in a cube full of water. And then do that again in the 4th dune in as you step up to the the 8th dime sun and so on and that math as a volumetric increase vs kissing points of spheres that math together in contact and occupying each layer is also
defined in electron orbits or nucleus of radioactive elemente beyond 92 and the 235,238 of uranus are also the location of each step of the patern to which we see a discontinuiuty in the other areas of Dustabxes we see in orbital radius patterns if all placers and layers from Saturn as it is 10x the sun at log scale x1000. And it’s all seems to use this drawing I made of a rectangle with 2 spheres hypothetically in it (the 5.246 is multi dimensional constant betwe maths of area/volume/ freq? Domain? And it’s thatscaiso the speed of light as a paralex angle? But completely functional as the unit of measure in 22 parts of sound tooo? 30cm in al of the parts of PH1 is ‘perfect’ aligned to an infinite . Abd it’s oddly imposible to improve upon its efficient/ yet smooth and evenly distributed results? Response and details are so incredibly the same as the nunvers if the solar system or the tiny version, atomic muckiest and rector or or it’s in the vauece ehxtribe 2/8 … Layered orbital structure which in math becomes the same stable ones unstable . Seem as the exact 235/238 hz or million kms.. in the sim as uranium or as the odd harmonic of either 3/4 or 7/4 because there’s a mirror at 8/4 it seems? And it suggest 5/4 harmonic of the shirt poor and 3/4 of the long (same thing which then would push that freq node to the middle or up the long pipe partially.. and that’s pointing at ??? Earth again and again but fro that angle it’s showing us an issue and it’s in syn with comets and meteors from these places (time and location j distance if you look . Is this a find one of info , a great and powerful soeaker ducting or w mathematical warning system
Of how things spin long term and spit out an isue that’s emreeitsyjbevyet ignited until it’s to Kate as it has aiways in the past?

Horn response. It speaks in a language known as (real) time and locations and details seem all to amazingly perfect I ckufing the correction not I’m even intentionally used and that’s a node from 365.236:1462,and beyond as it cinitubrscto grow in ways we don’t even notice, that’s the Big Bang in 12 cycles of 7x7 and then repeated in a strange qw function this moves from 13.888 From 13.841 to 14 over time. Just like the STandard units if beasurevin the sun vs metric abd that’s . Phi ^2 x sqr root of 2,3,4,5,6. As degrees 30.60.90.120,150,180 and so on? In 90/270/etc but with the little extra abd that’s the radians to degres over time ?? I don’t know. I hope someone else understands this and math better or looks to see what’s but easy to type/explain?

Last edited:
Shoot, DMB needs to get some residuals from that book. He designed the #1 software on the planet to model ANY enclosure.

I believe Bjorn Kolbrek is a member here if you’d like to take it up with him? I’d like to think that he and David have a long-running friendship, given the citation in Kolbrek’s earlier thesis papers and general tone of writing.

The maths is far older than Hornresp, of course. All well covered in the book. They’re very much companion pieces, in my mind. Although I do wish that HornCAD was available to public, as a middle ground between the lumped element and full BEM.

Hornresp really is great, and generously provided and updated for free for an insane amount of time. You can model any enclosure that fits into five segments :D