Hornresp

David, if I do an impulse export and import it into REW, it is about 23dB higher than reference. And i do not know why, if anyone knows or has a hint let me know.
hr-impulse-export-db-wrong.png

What we are unable to show here in the simulation.......

Thanks! Understood; guess I should have added a smiley or something since it was a 'knee jerk'/'tongue in cheek' response reminding me of some of my TL experiments with trying to acoustically quell wide BW, 'bundle of snakes' exhaust systems in various ways that prompted my 'adventures' in TL design, finally giving up due to lack of time/$$ and using a spring loaded sliding adjustable pipe after the resonator to get it.

Anyway, nice to see ya'll trying so many combos for folks to choose from.

What we are unable to show here in the simulation is how we were able to solve the ringing issue by using some damping material in the offset portion of the cabinet's High-Tuned Resonator

If it was possible to add absorbent filling material to paraflex horn segments 5, 6 and 7 on the understanding that the Tal1 sliders for those segments would be fixed at 100%, and that the Fr1 slider settings could not be permanently saved, would this still be worth exploring?

In the absence of any feedback either way, as far as I can see there would be nothing to lose by having the feature available, even with the stated limitations, so it will be added in the next update.

I don't think he gets updates from the forum as he is in charge of a very busy diy group on FB which bombards people with update info in that position excessivesly. But, yes, that is a very very useful addition and thank you. Youve really opened up the ability of these types of designs to be created. They were very difficult before. Parts were even guesses. This is a game changer once sir! Its ‘easy’ now, if there was one word.

Last edited:
Yes Please

In the absence of any feedback either way, as far as I can see there would be nothing to lose by having the feature available, even with the stated limitations, so it will be added in the next update.

David,

Apologies for the delayed response ...

Yes definitely, having the option to model filling/damping material in Paraflex Horn segments 5, 6 and 7 would be a fantastic feature!
Yes please :nod::up::up:

Thanks so much again David :hbeat: , truly,

Matthew in Arizona

Hornresp Update 5210-210410

Hi Everyone,

CHANGE 1

The BOXPLAN offset driver / offset vent (ODOV) model can now be imported into Hornresp. Post #11926 refers.

CHANGE 2

Absorbent filling material can now be specified in paraflex horn segments 5, 6 and 7 - see attachments.

Limitations:

1. Tal1 slider values for the three segments are fixed at 100%.
2. Fr1 slider settings for the three segments cannot be permanently saved.

BUG FIXES

Several more paraflex horn "loose ends" have been tidied up.

Kind regards,

David

Attachments

• Attach_1.png
    Attach_1.png
    49.3 KB · Views: 176
  • Attach_2.png
    Attach_2.png
    49.5 KB · Views: 177
  • Attach_3.png
    Attach_3.png
    46.5 KB · Views: 165
  • Attach_4.png
    Attach_4.png
    69.1 KB · Views: 89
Hi Everyone,

CHANGE 1

The BOXPLAN offset driver / offset vent (ODOV) model can now be imported into Hornresp. Post #11926 refers.

Excellent. I can now release this new BOXPLAN into the wild... :).

Attachments

• 2021-04-10 (4).png
    2021-04-10 (4).png
    23.4 KB · Views: 247
  • 2021-04-10 (3).png
    2021-04-10 (3).png
    13 KB · Views: 244
  • 2021-04-10 (2).png
    2021-04-10 (2).png
    13.9 KB · Views: 245
  • 2021-04-10 (1).png
    2021-04-10 (1).png
    16.9 KB · Views: 258
  • 2021-04-10.png
    2021-04-10.png
    129.4 KB · Views: 242
  • 2021-04-10 (5).png
    2021-04-10 (5).png
    21.3 KB · Views: 91
Why hornresp calculation response by default is different giving 1 watts signal to speaker?

Hi moglyman,

The standard calculation assumes a constant input voltage Eg (2.83 volts by default, equivalent to 1 watt into an 8 ohm load). For an input voltage of 2.83 volts, the input power will vary from 1 watt because the electrical impedance of the system is not a constant 8 ohms over the frequency range - see attached example.

Kind regards,

David

Attachments

• Attach_2.png
    Attach_2.png
    58.8 KB · Views: 59
  • Attach_1.png
    Attach_1.png
    61.6 KB · Views: 62
Hopefully it won't go feral... :).

Hi David, once Vrc and Lrc are defined, the model looks like the first image. What's the possibility of having it look like the second, for the "closed horn" model? I think the second version might be more useful (well, at least to me, LOL, as it will allow the more accurate modeling of an offset-driver, offset-vent 4th order bandpass design like my Enigma).

Attachments

• 2021-04-13 (2).png
    2021-04-13 (2).png
    11.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 2021-04-13 (1).png
    2021-04-13 (1).png
    10.5 KB · Views: 57