Hornresp

Red ‘Le’ mode triggers an issue in the OD ‘closed’ sim types where ‘electrical impedance is displayed as the direct radiator equivalent or as if the vent did not exist it seems.

The empirically-derived lossy inductance model produces misleading electrical impedance results, and for that reason is disregarded when calculating impedance. The more advanced semi-inductance and frequency-dependent damping models are however taken into account.

Attachments

• Attach_1.png
    Attach_1.png
    65.1 KB · Views: 239
Can Honrnresp be used for OB midrange simulation?
I know generally it can, but I had special case.
I want to simulate U-frame with non-symmetric rear parts to distribute/scatter dipole peak and dipole minimums.
If this is possible with Hornresp, then how?
Can someone give a hint?

I mean OB something like NX-Otica:

Attachments

• NXOtica2.jpg
    NXOtica2.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
The offset driver version ‘closed’ is really opening some interesting things which are useful in lots of different ways to benefit a variety of bandwidth needs. Quality of output, width of output and rolloff sections, flatness or a rising rate, fine tuning to achieve anything in a response curve of a impedance resulting from attempting things in a design for a specific reason it would seem.

I might be abusing the intended portrayal of things and being optimistic and selfish to my own endeavors, but it would seem the limited number of people trying this as it’s kindof new, yet, universally are ending up with more affect or better use out of the Offset section at the end of the line and not affecting the driver by a position (pressure level) previously. In my areas of use/abuse the driver location might facilitate VAS and a ‘horn loaded’ Expansion of great proportions, on the driver, while the cleanup can be achieve by offsetting that port so a stub at L45 is a resonator that’s excited regardless. Very fun, very interesting.

David, the efforts and thanks for providing this sim goto you, sir, as it’s shown some extremely exciting things, some already built and confirmed which helped the person achieve a better design for the wants/needs. It’s not easy to create a perfect cabinet or a perfect result, but this pays off it would seem for those with a specific type of ‘perfect’. Anyone reading this who has yet to take that for a spin, it’s likely worth trying if you use TH or OD often for what you do. Even if not ‘improved’ for your shape or volume used , it’s alternatively creating something that shows change in its affect. That learning for me.

AKABAK is little difficult to use without deep knowledge about it.

If you're thinking about the old script based version, it definitely needed some knowledge and experience. The new version (AKABAK3) has a graphical user interface and seems to be fairly intuitive, as you can connect electrical, mechanical and acoustical components as in a SPICE schematic capture software. I haven't tried it myself yet, but I've seen Mr. Panzer demonstrate it. and it looks easy to use.

Back in the game are we! Nice to see you again Anthony.

Well thanks. I'm not planning on maintaining a strong forum presence, just gonna play a bit.

So I got my new laptop and installed hornresp straight away. Norton threw a fit, didnt want it at all and kicked and screamed every step of the way. Gonna have to get rid of Norton.

Hello hornresp, my old friend.

I'm disappointed the semi inductance thing hasn't gained more (or any?) traction aside from Ricci adding parameters for drivers he's tested.

Anybody got semi inductance parameters for the 4 ohm b&c 18tbw100? I'm going to measure myself at some point but just looking for some numbers to play with for now.

Just a guy, hi, I think the semi inductance thing has a huge group of people who achnowkedge it’s importance and very much would prefer to use it if they had the ability to get those figures for the SIM. There’s a few areas that really make it a thing that stands out to lots of folks. hi performance wants/needs in a high order cabinet design colliding with a few drivers that require a red ‘LE’ to sim but the large BL^2/Re is a double whammy and must have the semi inductance version of the sim. They wanna use a driver that truly needs a semi inductance sim because of the motor design but don’t because they can’t trust a sim without giving it the measurements first.

I am in this conundrum and use a strange driver that is A large motorforce in a stressed out cabinet design. I really appreciate the need for semi inductance for this reason.

I’m looking for the 18tbw100 for you...

Anybody got semi inductance parameters for the 4 ohm b&c 18tbw100? I'm going to measure myself at some point but just looking for some numbers to play with for now.

Grabbed from my workbook that that pulls all the drivers in Hornresp's driver database into a table :). I derived them using the published impedance curve and the Stephen Bolser's semi-inductance spreadsheet.

Attachments

• 2020-07-04.png
    2020-07-04.png
    79.9 KB · Views: 168