Hornresp

Pleeeeeease David, :bawling:
Should you generously implement :wiz: "Export Data button" in multiple-Entry wizard in memory screen for each and total acoustical powers displayed ? It's not fair not having timing datas when playing with multiple entry :snooty:

We're (again) approaching Christmas:santa2:
Please please please please please please please please please :xfingers:

Damien

Hi Everyone,

CHANGE 1

The offset entry ports in a multiple entry horn loudspeaker system can now have a conical, exponential or parabolic flare profile, as shown in Attachments 1 and 2.

CHANGE 2

Previously, when horn 1 in a compound horn system had one segment, the sliders for horns 1 and 2 were displayed separately, as shown in Attachments 3 and 4. They are now displayed together, as shown in Attachment 5.

CHANGE 3

The following clarifying information has been added to the phase response section of the Help file:

"The combined phase response is the vector sum of the phases of the two outputs. The distance between the outputs is not taken into account."

Kind regards,

David

Thanks David, this program getting really professional, and free, you are a wonderfull uman giving for free to our community, you are a example of how the world needs to be, I think you get more energy from this then anything else, the feeling that you do a beautifull contribute to our world..

I hope I say it right.

regards

I have done a closed box and want to get in into bassreflex, I have two pipes for it, can I just use the same length, using the same area as one pipe?

IT is quite long can get a resonance then, but because it is a subwoofer I think when lowpass it below that, what is normally done it will give no problems.

regards

Should you generously implement :wiz: "Export Data button" in multiple-Entry wizard in memory screen for each and total acoustical powers displayed ?

Hi Damien,

I can't promise anything, but I will add it to my list of things to look at. It will all depend upon the amount of work required (I suspect that it may be quite a lot). I am working on some other Hornresp refinements at the moment, so it may be a while before I can get around to investigating what would be involved in implementing the feature.

Anyway, it is a little bit early for your Christmas present - there are still two and a half months to go... :).

Kind regards,

David

I have done a closed box and want to get in into bassreflex, I have two pipes for it, can I just use the same length, using the same area as one pipe?

Hi Kees,

Assuming that each of the two port tubes has a cross-sectional area of 10 cm^2 and an axial length of 15 cm, in Hornresp set Ap = 20 cm^2 and Lpt = 15 cm.

Kind regards,

David

Hi Damien,

I can't promise anything, but I will add it to my list of things to look at. It will all depend upon the amount of work required (I suspect that it may be quite a lot). I am working on some other Hornresp refinements at the moment, so it may be a while before I can get around to investigating what would be involved in implementing the feature.

Anyway, it is a little bit early for your Christmas present - there are still two and a half months to go... :).

Kind regards,

David
Awesome ! I take it for a really positive answer ! :worship:

For the project concerned, I finally ordered a 12nsw600 from oberton. It's built on order, and i'll maybe only got it on next year beginning if i'm lucky, so no hurry :snail:

:bored: My children have started this week to working on their christmas list...I had to ask them to do it in their room, i really don't want yet to ear about it :censored:

This software has instructions that useless (for me), as far as calculating something as simple as (as it is stated in this program manual) ¨Direct radiator in a vented-box enclosure¨.

For example it states, quote: ... and set S1 to L45 = 0

That means NOTHING to me /or any other logical person ...

And also, Vrc, Lrc, Ap, Lpt > 0 is totally confusing ...

I am trying to calculate volume and port for Beyma 12P80Nd v2 12 inch speaker for a P.A. two way enclosure, and cannot do it with this Hornresponse program (many years ago, I did have good results calculating horns with this same program, earlier versions, of course). It is recommended that this Beyma Neodymium speaker gets a box with about 40 liters of air, tuned to 75 Hz, so I am trying to calculate A PORT (PREFERRABLY NOT A ROUND ONE, BUT A SQUARE ONE, AND MOST PREFERRABLY A SLOTTED PORT THAT WOULD BE ¨DEEP¨ 15 milimeters as my enclosure wood thickness). Any assistance is most welcome! Thanks in advance ... Sven

This software has instructions that useless (for me), as far as calculating something as simple as (as it is stated in this program manual) ¨Direct radiator in a vented-box enclosure¨.

I am trying to calculate volume and port for Beyma 12P80Nd v2 12 inch speaker for a P.A. two way enclosure, and cannot do it with this Hornresponse program (many years ago, I did have good results calculating horns with this same program, earlier versions, of course). It is recommended that this Beyma Neodymium speaker gets a box with about 40 liters of air, tuned to 75 Hz, so I am trying to calculate A PORT (PREFERRABLY NOT A ROUND ONE, BUT A SQUARE ONE, AND MOST PREFERRABLY A SLOTTED PORT THAT WOULD BE ¨DEEP¨ 15 milimeters as my enclosure wood thickness). Any assistance is most welcome! Thanks in advance ... Sven
Put mouse on Vrc Lrc Ap Lpt and really good description appears bellow. 12P80Nd seems well suited for higher order box than reflex box. Or maybe are you refering to a bandpass box ? In all case, you can start clicking on help=>Input wizard. Forget for a reflex box S1....L12...etc for the moment.
And hornresp doesn't matter of the number nor shape of vent until you don't use segments (S1...L12...etc), just input it/their cross-sectional total area, and length. Verify what you do looking at tool=>view shematic.

Last edited:

Hi Sven,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems interpreting the Hornresp Help instructions for a bass reflex loudspeaker system.

"set S1 to L45 = 0" means that the values of all parameters from S1 to L45 inclusive, should be set to zero.

"Vrc, Lrc, Ap and Lpt > 0" means that the values of Vrc, Lrc, Ap and Lpt should all be greater than zero.

Hopefully the attached screenprints will help to make things a little clearer for you.

Kind regards,

David

Attachments

• Attach_1.png
    Attach_1.png
    54.5 KB · Views: 230
  • Attach_2.png
    Attach_2.png
    46.3 KB · Views: 237
Hornresp Update 5050-191023

Hi Everyone,

CHANGE 1

The polarity assumed for an individual output in a multiple output system is now shown on the phase chart for that output. See Attachment 1.

CHANGE 2

Previously, to display the loudspeaker wizard phase response for an individual output in a DBR, ABC or multiple output band pass system it was necessary to first select the power response for that output, before the required phase response chart could then be displayed. The selected phase chart did not however contain any information to indicate which output it applied to.

This has been changed so that the phase response for an individual output can now be selected directly, and both output and assumed polarity information is now included on the phase chart window. See Attachments 2 (before change) and 3 (after change).

CHANGE 3

The path length value has been removed from the combined response phase and group delay chart captions so as not to imply that the path length is included in the phase and group delay calculations. The charts now also indicate that the combined response is being shown. See Attachments 4 (before change) and 5 (after change).

CHANGE 4

Loudspeaker wizard dipole pressure response chart results can now be exported. See Attachment 6.

CHANGE 5

Individual and total power response and individual impedance and displacement results for multiple entry horn loudspeakers can now be exported. See Attachment 7.

BUG FIX

The combined phase result for an ABC type loudspeaker was not correct. This has now been fixed.

Kind regards,

David

Attachments

• Attach_1.png
    Attach_1.png
    63.4 KB · Views: 181
  • Attach_2.png
    Attach_2.png
    59.1 KB · Views: 179
  • Attach_3.png
    Attach_3.png
    59.5 KB · Views: 157