Hornresp

Thanks bp1fanatic had a look at hornresp for dum...... it has indeed helped I discovered speaker files are just text so easy to edit and create.
Still having problems getting examples (off the net) to work.as many refer to older versions Also in my opinion the software is great just let down by year 1980 interface (perhaps thats the charm).Anyway thanks for the info. Will keep at it !!!!

Anyone know of FIRST steps (Beginner level ) tutorial in using hornresp (better than supplied help file) example I cant load a new driver and enter T/S parameters,Seems permanantly `Greyed Out`.

Hit the add button.

The first file is a keepayofingersouttadis kind of file.

Now you will have a file that you can edit.

Anyone know of FIRST steps (Beginner level ) tutorial in using hornresp (better than supplied help file) example I cant load a new driver and enter T/S parameters,Seems permanantly `Greyed Out`.

Brian Steeles The Subwoofer DIY site taught me HornResp.

This site has a Hornresp how to for each of the major systems listed in the menu on the left of this site.

Each how to has an excellent worked example. I learned a lot from this.

Don't miss the Horn Folding link there too. Wonderful tools for turning a box of your desired external dimensions into a real world horn sub. The perfect compliment to HornResp. Brilliant!

Attachments

• HornResp How to.jpg
    HornResp How to.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Also in my opinion the software is great just let down by year 1980 interface (perhaps thats the charm).Anyway thanks for the info. Will keep at it !!!!

You mean command line interface and menu items accessed by F-keys, and no mouse interface? Sorry, that version of Hornresp is no longer available :D

Don't judge a book by its cover. What's under the hood is very powerful once you learn to use it. And... some people in this thread are not happy when somebody criticizes their favorite simulation SW without having even used it :) They are friendly and polite if you make an effort to learn, but if all you do is complain about that things are not as slick and intuitive as you expected them to be, they will not be as forthcoming.
Just sayin'... :)

Don't judge a book by its cover. What's under the hood is very powerful once you learn to use it. And... some people in this thread are not happy when somebody criticizes their favorite simulation SW without having even used it :) They are friendly and polite if you make an effort to learn, but if all you do is complain about that things are not as slick and intuitive as you expected them to be, they will not be as forthcoming.
Just sayin'... :)

Quite a few people on this thread are very knowledgeable people in terms of how to design loudspeakers and how to use Hornresp to do it. I agree with Bjørn ask and we will help. Be disrespectful and you will be on your own. And tantalizingly close to being able to do some awesome speaker simulations :)

I've a request for a possible feature - if straight forwards enough to add - a passive crossover wizard to the bandpass models so those BP with sealed chambers can be modeled with series C & L. (It can be done for BP4 now using ND and stepped front chamber - so perhaps that's the most practical case)

Is that from WINE? I had the same error message. Solved by copying the font file into the proper folder.

Win 10. Only on one computer. Used to work just fine.

Edit:
I have checked that the font is there and working, suspecting there might be something with a pointer somewhere.
I do not have this problem on any other computers.

Last edited:
I've a request for a possible feature - if straight forwards enough to add - a passive crossover wizard to the bandpass models so those BP with sealed chambers can be modeled with series C & L.

Hi Fred,

Sorry, too much work - it's not going to happen :).

(The passive filter can only be accessed from the Filter Wizard, and then only when the Filter Wizard is called from the main Tools menu).

The two band pass systems with sealed chambers in Hornresp can be modelled using Nd with stepped segments, allowing a passive filter to be applied that way.

As far as the Band Pass Wizard is concerned, you will just have to make do with the existing high pass and low pass active filters...

Kind regards,

David

Attachments

• Attach_1.png
    Attach_1.png
    48.3 KB · Views: 144
RE Kaffiman:>With me problems seem to be to do with unusual keyboard (win 10 64bit). On an old 32bit vista Dell desktop Hornresp works fine.Plus I get AKABAK. (now to experiment with exporting.)
I suppose its not easy to take account of every possible hard and software combo.
But given the outstanding reputation of this software I blamed myself (as a new user) and I spent weeks thinking I must be as thick as two short planks !!!!!

Last edited: