Hornresp

:D

jImYKdz.jpg

papasteack - those are impressive bandwidths - whats the input voltage and driver for the 109 liter cabinet?

for a BP7 - I didn't do so well - but it would take a 100v peak and not exceed rated 8mm

https://i.imgur.com/KErTSpr.png
I keep playing at 24v with a old 12" sica 12s2.5cs heavily moded, but it is used as general model 12" woofer 8ohm <0,3 qts drivers of 80-100mms of 7-12 xmax, as 12tbx100/12lfx401/12s305...

The new band pass options are awesome! I noticed when modeling a 7th order band pass when you change the value for port 3 in the wizard and save it, it reverts back to the previous value in the input window.
Hi David,
Same here. BP7 doesn't save port 3 values.:(

Again, thanks a lot for all those options :). There's more than only tweaking response curve. Even if we can get +/- the same response with different configuration trading sensitivity/volume/phase, it is interesting to select the one that got high excursion at the right spot, where and how much there will be inevitably excursion spike.
Some configuration yet in simulation seems too much sensitive to parameters to be worth a try.
I'm probably wrong, i keep on making hypopothesis:rolleyes:, but from getting excursion spike just around F-3 in the 30hz spot i expect to have some non problematic distortion from excursion that get right in bandpass and that compensate from both earing curve and missing fundamental phenomenas.

From that point of view, I keep interested in the possibility of adding the topology of post #9651 in wizard as "BP7B" for example for "BP7bis", for wich excursion higher spike is before f-3 instead of just after F0 as with 8th parrallel for example, for the same target curve. I keep thinking this is is not working as a 8th from siming, it's easier to draw curve, it's more like a 6th with a curve carving feature and one more low end excursion spike. It work a lot like the yet implemented BP7 but easier to tune, because lowest range got it own path. Again, this is all from my actual experience, feeling, sensitivity....:rolleyes:

The closed back 3 front BP chamber got the better low end excursion control (for a BP) but cannot be set too low due to closed back, and is way too much sensitive to parameters to be built.:skull: The closed back 2 front BP is bit more stable, but lacke of bandwith capabilities (even playing hour with stubs). "The BP7B" i argue for of post #9651 doesn't have those problems.

Last edited:
I think BP5 can do a degree of cool stuff. Bose's main BP patent expired not long ago.

https://i.imgur.com/LKvD7vc.png
Venting back chamber gives a bit of the low end extension, allow to carve it, and help well controlling excursion at low end of the bandwidth. Of course, no more excursion protection from closed back. So replacing this vent with a well choosen PR is a good compromise as it help limiting excursion.

I noticed when modeling a 7th order band pass when you change the value for port 3 in the wizard and save it, it reverts back to the previous value in the input window.

Same here. BP7 doesn't save port 3 values.:(

Hi Red Five and Damien,

Thanks for the feedback. I noticed the same thing myself yesterday :).

The problem also applies to the BP5 option - the chamber 3 and port 3 values are not being saved. This oversight will be fixed in the next release.

Kind regards,

David

From that point of view, I keep interested in the possibility of adding the topology of post #9651 in wizard as "BP7B"

Hi Damien,

"BP7B" is four characters, not three - similar to "R2D2" or "C3PO" :).

The Post #9651 configuration has already been coded, and will be included in the next release. In Hornresp it will be designated as "BP9", and be referred to as a ninth order band pass enclosure, even though this description is not strictly accurate.

Kind regards,

David

Hi Damien,

"BP7B" is four characters, not three - similar to "R2D2" or "C3PO" :).

The Post #9651 configuration has already been coded, and will be included in the next release. In Hornresp it will be designated as "BP9", and be referred to as a ninth order band pass enclosure, even though this description is not strictly accurate.

Kind regards,

David
I'm fan, I want a "David McBean" t-shirt.

Hopefully I can make some saw dust fly on this 8th order contraption :)

Thanks again David for adding the bandpass options. I like this box more than alternatives I was looking at.

-John

Attachments

• Current Decimator input.JPG
    Current Decimator input.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 160
  • Decimator SPL 87vinto5.1Ohm.JPG
    Decimator SPL 87vinto5.1Ohm.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 161
  • Decimator open side view.JPG
    Decimator open side view.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 144
  • Decimator front black.JPG