Hornresp

another on the "wish-list" - a "scaling" factor to scale (just) the enclosure input to see how a design might fare scaled up or down in percent - then the result would be easy to add and check with appropriate larger/smaller drivers.

Hi freddi,

Select Tools > Resize Wizard in Edit mode.

The driver is re-scaled along with the enclosure, but the original driver parameter values can always just be pasted back in using the Driver Database feature, if so desired.

The attachments show the default record loudspeaker system doubled in size (Resize factor = 2). Notice how the response shape remains exactly the same, but is moved down by an octave.

Kind regards,

David

Attachments

• Attach_1.png
    Attach_1.png
    71.6 KB · Views: 180
  • Attach_2.png
    Attach_2.png
    64.6 KB · Views: 186
  • Attach_3.png
    Attach_3.png
    67.1 KB · Views: 180
That's great David - maybe there's one more person on earth who didn't realize that feature already exists (?) Many Thanks, Freddy

I'd noticed it, but not scoped it out yet. Wish I'd had it for all those times folks didn't seem to believe me when told that ideally the driver's specs needed to be 'scaled' also.You too, IIRC ;).

Kudos again to the man that keeps finding ways to amuse himself by pleasing others. :up: :D

GM

in the edit mode, when I attempt to use the Resize Wizard, its not highlighted

Hi freddi,

Oops - I forgot to mention that the Resize Wizard is not applicable to ME1 or ME2 records, or when lossy Le, semi-inductance and/or frequency-dependent damping is specified. As GM has pointed out, the information is not currently available in the Help file. This will be fixed in the next release!

My apologies for the confusion - as Maxwell Smart would say, "Sorry About That Chief"... :).

Kind regards,

David

Hornresp Update 4820-180929

Hi Everyone,

CHANGE 1

The Undo / Redo feature now keeps track of changes made using the band pass, DBR and ABC loudspeaker wizards.

CHANGE 2

Further information has been added to the Resize Wizard section of the Help file. Post #8628 refers.

CHANGE 3

The way that an open baffle loudspeaker is specified has been simplified. The baffle area is now given by S1, and it is no longer necessary to manually enter the acoustic path length from the front to rear of the driver diaphragm. The simulation model has also been refined to hopefully increase the accuracy of the results.

CHANGE 4

The schematic diagram for an infinite baffle loudspeaker now shows each end of the baffle dotted, to signify that the baffle extends to infinity.

BUG FIX

Previously it was not possible to specify multiple drivers with BP6 (Parallel), BP8, DBR or ABC type loudspeakers. This has now been fixed.

Kind regards,

David

Attachments

• Attach_1.png
    Attach_1.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 250
  • Attach_2.png
    Attach_2.png
    69.7 KB · Views: 241
  • Attach_3.png
    Attach_3.png
    53.4 KB · Views: 243
  • Attach_4.png
    Attach_4.png
    45.9 KB · Views: 244
  • Attach_5.png
    Attach_5.png
    57.1 KB · Views: 86
I just downloaded the last update. Did something get broken in the multiple speakers code?

I was going crazy with a new sim in which I wanted to compare 1, 2, 3 bass modules operating in parallel so I reran an old validated record in which I use MS=2. I no longer get increased power output when I place a 2nd speaker in parallel with the first (changing nothing else, just using the multiple speakers menu available in acoustic power screen).

Please tell me its not just me!

I no longer get increased power output when I place a 2nd speaker in parallel with the first (changing nothing else, just using the multiple speakers menu available in acoustic power screen). Please tell me its not just me!

Hi nc535,

Many thanks for reporting this bug. It's not just you, there is definitely a problem somewhere. I suspect that the fault has been there for quite some time - well before the last update. I need to investigate. It may take a while to sort things out.

Thanks again for reporting the issue!

Kind regards,

David