Hornresp

David,
Nice job
rock.gif
!!! And quick. You don't happen to code TAL do you?

Hi David,

wonderfull improvements :) The extended funtionality of the loudspeaker wizard is great!!

As my cat just stood on the keyobard while I got coffee, a slider went up to max (999) - an idea came up:

How about - if a slider in the wizard is select - pressing "0" reverts it to value zero or the default value when the wizard was entered ?

Another idea:

If a response was recorded in the SPL Chart, having the option to display it in the wizard could help compare two design variants of the same box. A little button maybe?

Nothing big, but may be usefull in some cases and might not be too much work to implement?

Thanx once again for the great job!!!

How about - if a slider in the wizard is select - pressing "0" reverts it to value zero or the default value when the wizard was entered?

If a response was recorded in the SPL Chart, having the option to display it in the wizard could help compare two design variants of the same box.

Hi Sabbelbacke,

Thanks for the two excellent suggestions - I will keep them in mind for the future.

Kind regards,

David

Tapped Horn_Area of Throat Chamber

Hi David,

I noticed today, that when changing the port area for a throat chamber in a tapped horn from its original value (Ap1~S2) to zero the SPL response does not change.

Could there be another "bug"? :)

Regards,

V.: 2500-100108

Attachments

• 2010_Feb11_TH_chambered_try.jpg
    2010_Feb11_TH_chambered_try.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 204
I noticed today, that when changing the port area for a throat chamber in a tapped horn from its original value (Ap1~S2) to zero the SPL response does not change.

Hi Oliver,

Using your example, if you look carefully as you compare SPL Response chart results, you will see a very slight difference between Ap1 = 451 and Ap1 = 0. The two curves are not exactly superimposed.

Better still, use the Tapped Horn Wizard to view the response and then the schematic, as the Ap1 slider is moved. This will better illustrate how altering Ap1 affects the results. Note in particular that Ap1 = 0.1 is something completely different to Ap1 = 0 (in both the schematic and the response).

Hope this helps to clarify things.

Kind regards,

David

Hornresp Version 26.10

Hi Everyone,

Hornresp Version 26.10 has just been released. It incorporates Sabbelbacke’s recent suggestions, but with some extra (related) functionality added in.

Changes are:

1. A slider control can be directly set to a specified value by keying in the value and then pressing Enter while the control has the focus.

2. The initial Loudspeaker Wizard slider control settings and chart results are saved as a reference baseline.

3. A slider control can be reset to its baseline value by pressing B while the control has the focus.

4. All slider controls can be reset to their baseline values by pressing Ctrl+B.

5. A new baseline with the current slider control settings and chart results can be saved by pressing Ctrl+Alt+B.

The above functionality is documented in the Loudspeaker Wizard description in the Hornresp Help file.

Could you please let me know if you find any bugs.

Kind regards,

David

Post #954/#955 Ap1_Throat Chamber Exit Area

Hi David,

I noticed the very slight difference between blocked and normal throat chamber; but, as Ap1 is the "Tapped horn throat chamber port cross-sectional area [sq cm], this would mean that the difference between a tapped horn with normal functionality (i.e.: both front and back of the driver energizing the horn) has an almost identical output to a non-tapped horn where the back (throat) side of the driver is blocked off from the horn, and additionally enclosed in a closed small back chamber. A small sealed back-chamber should definitely impact the response, e.g.: the diaphragm displacement, etc..

This just does not sound correct to me, I guess I'm just missing something.

Regards,

Attachments

• 2010_Feb12_TH_sealed_chamber.jpg
    2010_Feb12_TH_sealed_chamber.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 171