Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hornresp
Hornresp
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st July 2019, 04:52 PM   #9761
BP1Fanatic is offline BP1Fanatic  United States
diyAudio Member

I want to say put your cursor in the Sd field and hit ctrl F8. You should be able to enter the t/s parameters there. I'm on my phone. You could also search this thread and find when David added the feature with screen shots.
Old 21st July 2019, 04:56 PM   #9762
diyAudio Member

Hornresp for Dum... hmm... Everyone - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com
Old 21st July 2019, 05:26 PM   #9763
johnsurnamerobinson is offline johnsurnamerobinson
diyAudio Member

Thanks bp1fanatic had a look at hornresp for dum...... it has indeed helped I discovered speaker files are just text so easy to edit and create.
Still having problems getting examples (off the net) to work.as many refer to older versions Also in my opinion the software is great just let down by year 1980 interface (perhaps thats the charm).Anyway thanks for the info. Will keep at it !!!!
Old 21st July 2019, 11:24 PM   #9764
mwmkravchenko is offline mwmkravchenko  Canada
Mark Kravchenko
diyAudio Member

Hornresp
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsurnamerobinson View Post
Anyone know of FIRST steps (Beginner level ) tutorial in using hornresp (better than supplied help file) example I cant load a new driver and enter T/S parameters,Seems permanantly `Greyed Out`.

Hit the add button.

The first file is a keepayofingersouttadis kind of file.

Now you will have a file that you can edit.
Old 22nd July 2019, 02:35 AM   #9765
Mazza is offline Mazza  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Anyone know of FIRST steps (Beginner level ) tutorial in using hornresp (better than supplied help file) example I cant load a new driver and enter T/S parameters,Seems permanantly `Greyed Out`.
Brian Steeles The Subwoofer DIY site taught me HornResp.

This site has a Hornresp how to for each of the major systems listed in the menu on the left of this site.

Each how to has an excellent worked example. I learned a lot from this.

Don't miss the Horn Folding link there too. Wonderful tools for turning a box of your desired external dimensions into a real world horn sub. The perfect compliment to HornResp. Brilliant!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HornResp How to.jpg (81.8 KB, 124 views)

Last edited by Mazza; 22nd July 2019 at 02:41 AM.
Old 22nd July 2019, 07:05 AM   #9766
Kolbrek is offline Kolbrek  Norway
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Also in my opinion the software is great just let down by year 1980 interface (perhaps thats the charm).Anyway thanks for the info. Will keep at it !!!!
You mean command line interface and menu items accessed by F-keys, and no mouse interface? Sorry, that version of Hornresp is no longer available

Don't judge a book by its cover. What's under the hood is very powerful once you learn to use it. And... some people in this thread are not happy when somebody criticizes their favorite simulation SW without having even used it They are friendly and polite if you make an effort to learn, but if all you do is complain about that things are not as slick and intuitive as you expected them to be, they will not be as forthcoming.
Just sayin'...
Old 22nd July 2019, 07:57 PM   #9767
diyAudio Member

Real talk!
Old 22nd July 2019, 08:01 PM   #9768
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
Brian Steele's The Subwoofer DIY site
Don't miss the Horn Folding link there too. Wonderful tools for turning a box of your desired external dimensions into a real world horn sub. The perfect compliment to HornResp. Brilliant!
+1! I still use a modified version of Brian's bandpass.xls!
Old 22nd July 2019, 09:24 PM   #9769
mwmkravchenko is offline mwmkravchenko  Canada
Mark Kravchenko
diyAudio Member

Hornresp
Quote:
Don't judge a book by its cover. What's under the hood is very powerful once you learn to use it. And... some people in this thread are not happy when somebody criticizes their favorite simulation SW without having even used it They are friendly and polite if you make an effort to learn, but if all you do is complain about that things are not as slick and intuitive as you expected them to be, they will not be as forthcoming.
Just sayin'...

Quite a few people on this thread are very knowledgeable people in terms of how to design loudspeakers and how to use Hornresp to do it. I agree with Bjørn ask and we will help. Be disrespectful and you will be on your own. And tantalizingly close to being able to do some awesome speaker simulations
Old 22nd July 2019, 10:30 PM   #9770
johnsurnamerobinson is offline johnsurnamerobinson
diyAudio Member

My problems with Hornresp seem to have been a machine related issue.Trying Hornresp out on an old dell vista machine I can now access the menu items.Thanks for all the tips.

HornrespHide this!Advertise here!