Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hornresp
Hornresp
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th April 2019, 06:22 AM   #9401
David McBean is offline David McBean  Australia
diyAudio Member

Hi Berd,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berd View Post
I tried to send you a PM but it said you were not accepting messages
Not via diyAudio, but through the Hornresp download web page :-).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berd View Post
The "post crash" hornresp.dat file you requested in in the attached hornresp.zip file
I also attached all the problem driver files in the problem driver files.zip
Many thanks for posting the files - they have enabled me to quickly find the problems.

FIX 1

Move file 2441_225Hz_Lec.txt from your Drivers folder to your Import folder. It is actually a record file, not a driver file. Somehow it ended up in the wrong folder :-).

FIX 2

Remove the single blank space from the right hand side of the record 2 comment (B&C 10NW76 ).

(The blank space is actually a special non-visible character flag added at the end of the driver name, and is used by Hornresp when inserting a pasted driver name in front of an existing comment. It is at the end of your record 2 comment because at some time you have edited the comment field to leave only the pasted driver name. To avoid problems the hidden flag at the end of the name also needs to be removed, or alternatively, additional text added after the blank space. The important thing is that the special flag cannot be the last character in the comment field).

Make the above two changes, and I think you will then find that everything works as it should.

Kind regards,

David
Attached Images
File Type: png Attach_1.png (53.5 KB, 156 views)
Old 13th April 2019, 06:39 AM   #9402
diyAudio Member

Hi Damien,

Quote:
Originally Posted by papasteack View Post
It's only a idea
Let's keep it that way :-).

The amount of work involved would be MASSIVE!

It's not going to happen :-).

Kind regards,

David
Old 15th April 2019, 01:57 AM   #9403
freddi is offline freddi  United States
diyAudio Member

Hornresp
hi David - I'd assume it would also be overwhelming to add a sidebranch absorber chamber feature "somewhere" to hornresp ? - AJ has a feature but overall looks nightmarish to use with its graphical presentation of a horn compared to the early versions)
Old 15th April 2019, 06:11 AM   #9404
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddi View Post
I'd assume it would also be overwhelming to add a sidebranch absorber chamber feature "somewhere" to hornresp ?
Hi Fred,

You assume correctly :-).

Unfortunately it would require just as much work to implement as the stub feature requested by Damien.

Kind regards,

David
Old 15th April 2019, 09:34 AM   #9405
papasteack is offline papasteack  France
diyAudio Member

Hi,
Actually, segments are expending 360 in the 3third dimension we don't see. David, do you feel that sim still realistic for "flat" stub we can do in hornresp as really big but really short chamber ?
If so, that would mean that flat chamber/360 stub seems to gives the lowest resonnance for bandpass.
I imagine that how it is implemented, formulas used are 2d and so cannot be tweaked to set this 3rd dimension expansion to for example 0, as stub. Do it ?

Last edited by papasteack; 15th April 2019 at 09:44 AM.
Old 16th April 2019, 06:16 AM   #9406
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by papasteack View Post
David, do you feel that sim still realistic for "flat" stub we can do in hornresp as really big but really short chamber ?
Hi Damien,

As shown in the attachment, the two topologies are quite different. In the first case the green "stub" chamber is in series with the yellow segments, whereas in the second case it is on a separate side branch. The sound pressures and volume velocities through the two systems will be different because of this.

I don't know where it will lead, but I am currently looking to see if it might be possible to implement your requested stub feature using a completely different method to the one you proposed. If I can get it to work, then I think that it should also be possible to specify a "sidebranch absorber chamber" rather than a standard stub, if so required, as requested by Fred.

The amount of work involved would still be massive (now lowercase), but no longer MASSIVE. It would take quite some time to implement - my best guess at this stage is several weeks at least...

If it turns out to be all too difficult, I will let you know, in due course.

Kind regards,

David
Attached Images
File Type: png Attach_1.png (6.5 KB, 95 views)
Old 17th April 2019, 12:26 AM   #9407
LORDSANSUI is offline LORDSANSUI  Brazil
diyAudio Member

David, when you are engaged and intrigued, things happen really fast.

If you keep improving the the hornresp, at a certain point it will used for other applications than sound.

The parallel "STUB" think is very close what they used in the intake system from engines at car applications. The intake length is tuned considering some resonances in order to increase air pressure at specific speed so it will increase engine torque. Longer pipes are good to improve toque at low speeds, while low tubes are good to improve power, you can't have both, the closes possible is reached when using variable intake system so the length is adjustable regarding engine speed Just a curiosity
Old 17th April 2019, 07:28 AM   #9408
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORDSANSUI View Post
the closes possible is reached when using variable intake system so the length is adjustable regarding engine speed
Hi Marcelo,

Just what we need - loudspeakers with acoustic stubs that vary in length as the frequency changes :-).

Kind regards,

David
Old 17th April 2019, 12:58 PM   #9409
mwmkravchenko is offline mwmkravchenko  Canada
Mark Kravchenko
diyAudio Member

Hornresp
Quote:
Originally Posted by David McBean View Post
Hi Marcelo,

Just what we need - loudspeakers with acoustic stubs that vary in length as the frequency changes :-).

Kind regards,

David

I believe that is called a slide whistle
Old 17th April 2019, 01:01 PM   #9410
turk 182 is offline turk 182  Canada
diyAudio Member

linear actuators anyone....?

HornrespHide this!Advertise here!