Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Hornresp
Hornresp
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th April 2017, 09:51 AM   #7281
David McBean is offline David McBean  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitSmasher View Post
Distributed on data tapes via carrier goats, though being in Australia the goats had to swim
:-).
Old 29th April 2017, 01:55 PM   #7282
BP1Fanatic is offline BP1Fanatic  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David McBean View Post
Hi BP1Fanatic,

Earlier posts starting from 20th June 2007 (when I joined diyAudio) are spread over a number of different threads. If interested, they can be found by conducting an Advanced Search on my user name. Specify the results as posts, sorted in ascending order.

My email correspondence with Bill goes back years before 2007 :-).

Kind regards,

David
That's what I did before asking the question. I saw how you where posting about HR in other people's threads. I thought a previous HR thread got deleted or something.
Old 29th April 2017, 02:00 PM   #7283
jayam000 is offline jayam000  India
diyAudio Member

How to calculate the horn type port?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 21Tha_W_bin_130.jpg (142.0 KB, 155 views)
Old 30th April 2017, 05:17 AM   #7284
Piyapong38 is offline Piyapong38  Thailand
diyAudio Member

Hello david
I want to post picture Can you recommend me?
Old 30th April 2017, 08:14 AM   #7285
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP1Fanatic View Post
That's what I did before asking the question. I saw how you where posting about HR in other people's threads. I thought a previous HR thread got deleted or something.
Hi BP1Fanatic,

I started off by just responding to miscellaneous posts I saw that referred to Hornresp. After a while I realised that there was enough interest out there to establish a dedicated thread. As they say, the rest is history :-).

Kind regards,

David
Old 30th April 2017, 08:33 AM   #7286
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayam000 View Post
How to calculate the horn type port?
Hi jayam000,

The system you show should be modelled as a compound (CH) horn, as shown in the attachment.

Kind regards,

David
Attached Images
File Type: png Attach_1.png (45.9 KB, 135 views)
Old 30th April 2017, 08:49 AM   #7287
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyapong38 View Post
Hello david
I want to post picture Can you recommend me?
Hi Piyapong38,

1. Scroll down below the 'Reply to Thread' message input box, to the 'Additional Options' panel.
2. Click the 'Manage Attachments' button.
3. Click the top 'Browse' button.
4. Find and select the image file you wish to post.
5. Click the 'Upload' button.
6. After the file is uploaded, scroll down and click the 'Close this window' button.

The image file is now attached to your post.

Kind regards,

David
Old 1st May 2017, 05:30 PM   #7288
Josh Ricci is offline Josh Ricci  United States
diyAudio Member

Hello David,

You added the "large coil" check box in the loudspeaker wizard a while back. Thank you for that. It greatly improves the general accuracy of the simulations for modern long xmax bass drivers. However it is difficult to do comparisons between designs since there is no overlay capability as with the main simulations outside of the wizard. Also some of the available simulation curves are not available inside the wizard. Is it possible to add this function to the main input parameters page? I suspect it is too much work? if this is not feasible would it be possible to show, or even export, the modified parameters inside the wizard so they could be copied into the main data input screen and saved to a project? Some way to get this data exported or updated into the main project with out manually doing trial and error adjustments to the input parameters like I've been doing for years would be amazing.

Thanks,
Old 2nd May 2017, 04:15 AM   #7289
just a guy is offline just a guy  Canada
diyAudio Member

It would be cool to have it in the main program, not just the wizard. There were a few reasons it was chosen to be only in the wizard - maybe we should revisit that? Or maybe it's easier to just display the new value of Bl that Hornresp calculates so it can be entered in the main screen?

In lieu of all that the user could simply use the formula in the paper to get the new number for Bl but I don't even know how to run through that formula on a calculator.

EDIT - the only thing that really changes is Bl, so if we could know the new calculated Bl that would be incredibly useful. Even if it's just displayed in the bottom of the wizard box like how qtc is displayed when simulating a closed box in the wizard.

Last edited by just a guy; 2nd May 2017 at 04:21 AM.
Old 2nd May 2017, 04:17 AM   #7290
just a guy is offline just a guy  Canada
diyAudio Member

Also maybe we should revisit the name for the checkbox? The new Rockford super woofer has a massive coil but very little inductance issues. Maybe the checkbox should be the "lossy inductance estimator" feature instead of "large coil"? I'm kind of leaning that way lately after studying the Rockford driver a bit.

Including the word "estimator" in the checkbox feature name would also clear up some of the issues associated with putting in the main program instead of just in the wizard, I would think.

Stuff to think about anyway.

HornrespHide this!Advertise here!