Hornresp

Hi The Lamer,

Thanks for this - you have discovered yet another bug (different to the one found recently by GM).

I will let you know when it is fixed.

Kind regards,

David

OK, you've piqued my interest as to what's still causing a glitch since when I simmed his design with 26.40-100514 the Wizard plot matches the main FR plot, so it seemed reasonable to assume that it was fixed:

GM

Attachments

• 35DDN1_exp_wRW80B81 response.gif
    35DDN1_exp_wRW80B81 response.gif
    21 KB · Views: 162
  • 35DDN1_exp_wRW80B81 Wizard.gif
    35DDN1_exp_wRW80B81 Wizard.gif
    22.7 KB · Views: 165
I find the tab order confusing, I'd like to tab around with the keyboard when changing the sizes. For the driver parameters it's fine already.

Hi vadi,

The tab order is quite deliberate - it intentionally bypasses the S2, S3 and S4 throat area input boxes because these are effectively redundant when it comes to entering data since S2, S3 and S4 are also given as mouth areas.

The horn tab sequence is Ang > S1 > S2 > L12 > S3 > L23 > S4 > L34 > S5 > L45.

The driver tab sequence enables Thiele-Small equivalent parameters to be entered in the correct order.

Kind regards,

David

OK, you've piqued my interest as to what's still causing a glitch since when I simmed his design with 26.40-100514 the Wizard plot matches the main FR plot, so it seemed reasonable to assume that it was fixed:

Hi GM,

Try this:

Exit Hornresp and then re-open
Find the example test record
Click the Edit button
Open the Loudspeaker Wizard tool
Select Response

You should see the erroneous SPL result (Hornresp assumes Atc = 0 when it should be 202).

You must have selected the Chamber input option at some stage - this sets Atc = 202 and corrects the problem :).

The bug will be fixed in the next release.

Kind regards,

David

Hi vadi,

The tab order is quite deliberate - it intentionally bypasses the S2, S3 and S4 throat area input boxes because these are effectively redundant when it comes to entering data since S2, S3 and S4 are also given as mouth areas.

The horn tab sequence is Ang > S1 > S2 > L12 > S3 > L23 > S4 > L34 > S5 > L45.

The driver tab sequence enables Thiele-Small equivalent parameters to be entered in the correct order.

Kind regards,

David

Thank you for the explanation David. I'm new to this, I can't wait to build my sub. :)

Hornresp Version 26.50

Hi GM, The Lamer and Others,

Pmax and Xmax parameter values can now be saved as part of the data record by pressing Ctrl+S when the Maximum SPL tool is being used (see Attachment 1).

Please note:

* All existing records in the Hornresp.dat data file will be automatically updated to include fields for the Pmax and Xmax parameters. The two new fields will be initially auto-populated with values of 100 watts and 5.0 mm respectively. These default values can then be changed by the user when actual Pmax and Xmax values for a particular driver are known.

* Moving the mouse pointer over the Input Parameters window Comment field will display the Pmax and Xmax values for the current record in the status bar panel at the bottom of the window (see Attachment 2).

* The Pmax and Xmax values for default record number 1 cannot be changed from 100 watts and 5.0 mm.

* When driver parameter values are copied from one record and pasted to another, the associated Pmax and Xmax values will also be transferred.

* The Pmax and Xmax values will be included in exported Hornresp record files (see Attachment 3).

The Tapped Horn Wizard tool bug found recently by 'The Lamer', has also now been fixed.

Kind regards,

David

Attachments

• Image1.png
    Image1.png
    6.9 KB · Views: 181
  • Image2.png
    Image2.png
    23.2 KB · Views: 180
  • Image3.png
    Image3.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 176
Indeed I did. Dunno, I don't usually bother with it, though I did on another sim that day, so could doing it on another record reset them all?

Hi GM,

Selecting the Loudspeaker Wizard tool Chamber input option for one record should not have set the Atc value for a different record. Hopefully the problem has been resolved with the release of Version 26.50.

Kind regards,

David

Greets!

Ok, guess I did and don't remember it. Anyway, so far, everything seems OK. Thanks for the saving/display function of Pe, Xmax! At the risk of 'looking a gift horse in the mouth' though, I just kind of assumed that Xmax would auto load into the Wizard along with S1, etc., so wondering if that can be added without a lot of effort.

GM

I just kind of assumed that Xmax would auto load into the Wizard along with S1, etc

Hi GM,

If the Pmax and Xmax values were loaded into the Loudspeaker Wizard initially, then the Maximum SPL result would be shown as the default response. I thought that this could be rather confusing for some users, so the starting Pmax and Xmax values were left at zero.

It also meant that I didn't have to decide which values to load - the saved ones, or the ones that a user may be currently working with, but has no intention of saving :).

Kind regards,

David