Hornresp

Norton says the hornresp version 34.80 - Product Number 3480-140627 - 1243 KB installer from http://www.hardware-test.de/mcbean/Setup.exe is not safe: contains threat named WS.Reputation.1.

Hi witasso,

Many thanks for reporting this. I find that I get the same WS.Reputation.1 message as you. This is the first time that I have experienced such an issue.

I have reported the False Positive problem to Symantec Security. The automated reply I received indicates that they endeavour to respond to all submissions within two working days.

In the meantime, note that you can manually remove Setup.exe from quarantine if you are confident that the product is safe. I have just done so myself, to check that the process works and that Hornresp has not been "hacked" in any way.

Rest assured, Hornresp is still 100% safe :).

Kind regards,

David

Hi Everyone,

The automated reply I received indicates that they endeavour to respond to all submissions within two working days.

Symantec are as good as their word. I received the following advice less than an hour ago:

"Upon further analysis and investigation we have verified your submission and as such this detection will be removed from our products.

The updated detection will be distributed in the next set of virus definitions, available via LiveUpdate or from our website at Virus Definitions & Security Updates - Symantec Corp."

I subsequently ran LiveUpdate, and then downloaded a copy of Hornresp with no problem - see screenprint attached.

My thanks again to 'witasso' for making me aware of this issue.

Kind regards,

David

Attachments

• Download.png
    Download.png
    16.1 KB · Views: 153
Hornresp Update 3480 -140710

Hi Everyone,

CHANGE

The horn data export Preview tool was not allowing for the possibility of the height or width at a point along the length of a rectangular cross-section horn being greater than at the horn mouth. Although this situation will not normally occur in a practical horn, such a configuration can nevertheless be specified in the Preview tool, and as shown in the first attachment, the schematic diagram was not being correctly scaled in these circumstances.

Preview tool schematic diagrams are now correctly scaled for all configurations, as shown in the second attachment.

Kind regards,

David

Attachments

• Attach_1.png
    Attach_1.png
    34.5 KB · Views: 198
  • Attach_2.png
    Attach_2.png
    32.8 KB · Views: 198
False Positive

Hi Everyone,

Unfortunately it seems that with the latest release of Hornresp, the Norton WS.Reputation.1 problem has returned. I am not in a position to contact Symantec every time that Hornresp is upgraded, so it will be necessary for users with Norton antivirus protection to restore their downloaded quarantined copy. It only takes a couple of seconds to do so.

It's a nuisance I know - but please blame Symantec for the problem, not me :).

Kind regards,

David

Hi David

I did read this, the bassMaxx, is hornresp capable to sim a horn with open back?
I hear some good things about this kind of horn, but it can also be not so real, but the idea of a open system always intriges me.
A hornloaded design where in hornresp I do the back of the speaker wide open in stead of a chamber is maybe a option?

this is the part of that forum. it is maybe also interesting.

http://forum.speakerplans.com/ said:
Aside my reservations out of directly copying a bassmax

Doesn't work like the tapped horn at all. Wink

I believe hornresp can model offset driver horns, but with open backs, i am not so sure.

Apparently the production (not OEM) McCauley ones don't like the cab at all, check Elliot Thompson 's comment.

It is a TQWT. I've actually designed and built a few Smile. First off, Do some reading... quarter-wave.com for Martin J King's exemplar work on enclosure design, also see Brines Audio and t line speakers websites, while they deal with non-subwoofer models, the theory is there, and without them... If you unfold it it is a driver offset on a big expanding line. Both sections matter equally, the open part was created as such I think to fit in the folding and let the driver be able to be mounted that way.

Last edited: