Hornresp

@ David McBean

Would it be possible when enabling Show Baseline, to make the Sliders & associated Data jump to the settings for the Baseline response ? So when switching between them both we can instantly see how the Baseline compares to our changes.

Also, being able to choose the EXACT desired Type of Design from the off, would be Extremely helpful. For eg Only, in my screenie if Normal has been selected, having the further possible options available to click on & go then to immediately.

I'm thinking of, after choosing Driver Arrangement, then being able to immediately select any of the possible designs that could be achieved with HR. For eg, Horn/Tapped Horn/ClosedBox/Reflex/Transmission Line etc etc.

I think the term Driver Arrangement is somewhat misleading, & Box Type or Design Type "might" be more applicable ? There could be a seperate panel for both.

Regards

Attachments

• Design Type.png
    Design Type.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 206
Hi Zero D,

Would it be possible when enabling Show Baseline, to make the Sliders & associated Data jump to the settings for the Baseline response ? So when switching between them both we can instantly see how the Baseline compares to our changes.

The aim of the baseline feature is to enable users to see how a changing a slider value alters the response relative to a fixed reference. Sliders can be reset to baseline values by pressing Alt+B. Up to four sets of interim slider settings can be stored and recalled using the F1 to F4 memory function keys. The baseline can be reset by pressing Ctrl+Alt+B.

Also, being able to choose the EXACT desired Type of Design from the off, would be Extremely helpful. For eg Only, in my screenie if Normal has been selected, having the further possible options available to click on & go then to immediately.

I'm thinking of, after choosing Driver Arrangement, then being able to immediately select any of the possible designs that could be achieved with HR. For eg, Horn/Tapped Horn/ClosedBox/Reflex/Transmission Line etc etc.

I prefer to leave it to the user to decide how to configure their systems - there can sometimes be multiple ways to model the desired outcome in Hornresp. I am trying to encourage users to think creatively for themselves - that's the true path to enlightenment, rather than just blindly following instructions :).

Data -> knowledge -> understanding -> wisdom.

I think the term Driver Arrangement is somewhat misleading, & Box Type or Design Type "might" be more applicable ? There could be a seperate panel for both.

The Driver Arrangement tool specifies the driver configuration, not the enclosure type. Hornresp needs to know the arrangement of the driver (or multiple drivers) so that the correct simulation model is used by the program. An offset driver horn is analysed quite differently to a tapped horn, for example.

Kind regards,

David

@ kees52

Yeah i realise that TL's are less efficient, but having built one in the past, even people who didn't know a Watt from a Volt etc were knocked out by good it sounded.

@ David McBean

Re Baseline. Thanx

Re The true path to enlightenment. Ahh yes, forever searching ;)

Re Driver Arrangement. OK

Keep up the good work,

Regards

@ kees52

Yeah i realise that TL's are less efficient, but having built one in the past, even people who didn't know a Watt from a Volt etc were knocked out by good it sounded.

@ David McBean

Re Baseline. Thanx

Re The true path to enlightenment. Ahh yes, forever searching ;)

Re Driver Arrangement. OK

Keep up the good work,

Regards

Yes therefore it so much used by high and enthusiasts. And difficult also to get so far it sounds good, and for low frequenties a big box is needed when use big drivers.

The inverted horn looks also a good choice, it is way smaller. efficienty is also a lot better, just 4 dB less then a tapped horn for this speaker.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_96 Mar. 19 11.28.jpg
    ScreenHunter_96 Mar. 19 11.28.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 130
Hornresp Update 3430-140321

Hi Everyone,

CHANGE 1

The Directivity tools can now also be used with direct radiating single drivers.

CHANGE 2

Passive filter components having non-zero values are now highlighted in yellow in the Filter Wizard tool.

Kind regards,

David

Attachments

• Attach_4.png
    Attach_4.png
    40.6 KB · Views: 148
  • Attach_3.png
    Attach_3.png
    39.9 KB · Views: 164
  • Attach_2.png
    Attach_2.png
    118.6 KB · Views: 166
  • Attach_1.png
    Attach_1.png
    41.8 KB · Views: 163
Hornresp Update 3430-140322

Hi Everyone,

CHANGE

The Loudspeaker Wizard was not showing the correct SPL response result for a compound horn having a lossy conical horn 2. This bug has now been fixed.

Attachment 1 - example of an incorrect horn 2 output.
Attachment 2 - correct horn 2 output for the same system.

Kind regards,

David

Attachments

• Attach_1.png
    Attach_1.png
    56.6 KB · Views: 131
  • Attach_2.png
    Attach_2.png
    52.4 KB · Views: 69
Hi Kees,

By "fill in" do you mean adding absorbent material, or something else?

Kind regards,

David

More10 did give the answer, I did try to simulate a horn for the visaton FRS 8 speaker, I have a schematic found for this box who have expansion y=cosh (x).

Thanks david, and more 10 I do see that some things are hidden behind keyboard with hornresp.

regards