Hornresp

I just had the same problem with the tapped horn feature. Just make it 4 segments instead of 3 and it works again. I like the slide feature. It took me a few tries to get agile, but then it speeded up the process of alignment tremendously.

David, you are updating at an alarming rate! :D

What more can we expect? I would be interested in a tapped horn alignment wizard (enter length and driver and the wizard sorts out optimal driver position, that sort of thing). But, to be honest, I'm getting pretty good results without it. :)

Hi everyone who like the same...same.

David tell me that now he is working hard for a new version. he can not answer everyone because he is busy because me. i think the next version will coming soon. the name may be change that the Hornresp thawach Version. David are u o..che?lol:D :D :smash:

454Casull said:
It says "given no xmax limit". How can it be xmax limited?
It was late, I should have elaboratet more :)

Excursion of a 2x15" TH looks like this:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

So at 60Hz there is a max.

Now using max-SPL feature with 1,8kW and 9,6mm xmax gives:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

As far as I understand it, the xmax-feature gives a response curve depending on whether xmax or max power is reached. Input Power here was 1800 Watt, xmax was defindes as 9,6mm.
So if theoratical excursion would be 27mm when driven with 1800 watts, its more than xmax. Therefore xmax should be the limiting factor at 60 Hz. hornresp claims "power limited" though.

Looking at a simulation of a closed design with a different speaker (18") looks like this:

with xmax at 9,8mm and 1250 Watts. The Limitation in the low end is obvious.

Here the sample-feature gives a correct "excursion limited"

Re: Invalid result error.

tb46 said:

After installing V18.30 I got an

"Invalid result. Change input data." error

on all tapped horn simulations.

FWIW I'm not having this problem, it works with all the old three segment TPs, THs I tried, as well as a couple of new four segment ones, but it doesn't always import the correct 'S2' data in both three or four segment ones, instead some value between 'S1' and 'S2', so of course the response plot is all wrong.

GM

Well, I downloaded it again and re-installed it to see if it would cure my problem, but now I can't view any of my previous three segment TPs, THs, without first adding a 4th section, plus none of the wizard's fields are working right. :(

GM

Sabbelbacke said:
When using the max-SPL feature, a given limitation due to excursion is labeled as "power limited". It´s late already, am I thinking right, shouldn´t it be "xmax limited"?

Hi Sabbelbacke,

Your thinking is exactly right :).

Thanks for bringing the error to my attention - it has now been fixed.

Product Number 1830-080408 refers.

Kind regards,

David

Ivo said:
What more can we expect? I would be interested in a tapped horn alignment wizard (enter length and driver and the wizard sorts out optimal driver position, that sort of thing).

Hi Ivo,

I suspect that it could be very difficult to develop an automated tapped horn alignment wizard along the lines that you have suggested. The latest "scroll bar" version is probably the best that I can come up with :).

I am currently working on developing an offset driver model. Because of the magnitude of the changes required to Hornresp, it will be released as Version 19.00.

Kind regards,

David

Thanx again David!!! I just tried it, old data works again and "excursion limited" is back, too :)

Just noticed one minor thing, which might be "on purpose" after all:

If I use the "tapped horn slider wizard", leave the dialog via "save" button and don´t calculate again, there is no safety "save data" pop up like usual. Leaving the current design via "next/previous" or quitting hornresp results in loss of the new values from the wizard.

Best regards :)

Error fixed.

Hi David,

Thanks for the quick follow up. I second Sabbelbacke's remark on the "save data" issue. Otherwise everything seems to work just fine.

Wish I could say the same about my old simulations, as old fumble fingers managed to loose two month worth of playing. Note to self: moving a file is not the same as copying a file.

Oh well, thanks again, Regards:)

David McBean said:
The latest "scroll bar" version is probably the best that I can come up with :).

It's great already, I was just pushing it a little, since you are open to such things.

David McBean said:
I am currently working on developing an offset driver model. Because of the magnitude of the changes required to Hornresp, it will be released as Version 19.00.

Did I spark that after all? ;)

Sabbelbacke said:
Just noticed one minor thing, which might be "on purpose" after all:

If I use the "tapped horn slider wizard", leave the dialog via "save" button and don´t calculate again, there is no safety "save data" pop up like usual.

Hi Sabbelbacke,

It is definitely not on purpose :).

Thanks again for the great feedback, the error has now been fixed - Product Number 1830-080411 refers.

This will teach me not to work on the program when I should really be sleeping :).

Kind regards,

David

Re: Error fixed.

tb46 said:
Thanks for the quick follow up. I second Sabbelbacke's remark on the "save data" issue. Otherwise everything seems to work just fine.

Thanks Oliver.

Originally posted by tb46
Wish I could say the same about my old simulations, as old fumble fingers managed to loose two month worth of playing.

Your comment has reminded me of something - my next posting refers :).

Kind regards,

David

USER NOTE - CORRUPTED HORNRESP.DAT FILES

Hi Everyone,

A few users have reported problems with corrupted Hornresp.dat data files. When investigated, the corruption is invariably found to be due to switching back to an earlier version of Hornresp after having opened the data file with a more recent version of the program.

Please note that the program automatically updates an existing data file as necessary with each new release. Once a data file has been opened using a particular version of Hornresp, under no circumstances should that file then again be used with an earlier version of the program. The safest course of action is to delete any earlier version of the program that you may be using, each time you download a new release.

An earlier version of the program has no way of knowing how to interpret a data file that has been modified by a later release of Hornresp.

Kind regards,

David