Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hornresp
Hornresp
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th July 2020, 01:58 PM   #10911
musgofasa is offline musgofasa  United States
diyAudio Member

HI David,
That is weird. I definitely didn't make any changes to the passive radiator mass. I was using the rear vented chamber option.
I tried it with several drivers and had the same issue, Every time I start a new project and choose the Nd option I cannot use the wizard. I can export the file, change the Mass value in the file and then import it and it works but I am not sure how to stop that from happening. I tried going under passive radiator and changing the value for mass but it shows as 0.01 by default.

I have had the problem with adding a new driver intermittently (only once or twice so I figured that was likely something I did lol)

Let me know if you have any ideas on what might be causing it. I am wondering if it may be some odd issue with my PC but I can't think of anything that would cause such an issue.

I appreciate you looking into it for me.

Thanks
Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by David McBean View Post
Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting the file. I don't know how it could have possibly happened, but for some reason the passive radiator added mass parameter had no value. By default it should be zero, unless changed by the user. (You can see in the partial listing of your record file attached, that the Mass parameter has no value).

I have manually changed your export file so that Mass=0.00. If you now import this modified file, it should work just fine.

It is not possible to specify multiple band pass, DBR or ABC speakers in Hornresp.

Kind regards,

David
Old 9th July 2020, 09:51 PM   #10912
Etocynned is offline Etocynned
diyAudio Member

david,

it seems intermittent.

ill pay attention and see if a pattern develops
Old Yesterday, 04:12 AM   #10913
SamAnytime is offline SamAnytime  India
diyAudio Member

Is there an easy, reasonably accurate way to approximate an Oblate Spheroid profile using exponential and/or conical segments? Can't add more segments if the first is OS.
Old Yesterday, 05:57 AM   #10914
David McBean is offline David McBean  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default Hornresp Update 5080-200710

Hi Everyone,

CHANGE

The Loudspeaker Wizard has been modified to provide the functionality requested in Post #10872.

Hornresp

BUG FIXES

A number of bugs were identified while testing the above new functionality with different speaker types. The problems were not specifically related to the latest change, but were mainly associated with open baffle, infinite baffle, unbaffled driver and closed mouth designs simulated using the Loudspeaker Wizard. All the bugs found have now been fixed.

Kind regards,

David
Old Yesterday, 07:13 AM   #10915
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by musgofasa View Post
Every time I start a new project and choose the Nd option I cannot use the wizard. I can export the file, change the Mass value in the file and then import it and it works
Hi Robert,

That is very strange indeed. I have no idea why your Mass values are not being automatically set to zero by default. I will have another close look at the code to see if I can find something in there that I may have overlooked. If I can't detect anything untoward, to overcome the problem I may have to include additional code to trap the error, and to then forcibly set the value to zero.

The thing I don't really understand is why other users, myself included, are not experiencing the same problem as you.

Kind regards,

David
Old Yesterday, 07:16 AM   #10916
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etocynned View Post
ill pay attention and see if a pattern develops
That would be very helpful, thanks Etocynned.
Old Yesterday, 07:29 AM   #10917
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamAnytime View Post
Is there an easy, reasonably accurate way to approximate an Oblate Spheroid profile using exponential and/or conical segments?
It should not be too difficult to export the OS profile data and to then approximate the flare using multiple segments, but I am not sure how accurate the simulation results would be. Perhaps just try it, and see how the results compare to those obtained using the actual OS profile.

HornrespHide this!Advertise here!