Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hornresp
Hornresp
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th June 2020, 04:17 PM   #10871
SamAnytime is offline SamAnytime  India
diyAudio Member

Is there any possibility of inputting a formula for the profile of a segment or throat? We have a tool for exporting data from the schematic. Is there a way to import something there? You could tell us the exact form in which the data or formula is to be presented.
Old 30th June 2020, 04:25 AM   #10872
Brian Steele is offline Brian Steele  Grenada
diyAudio Member

Just a minor suggestion - can the power response of a vented FLH (or basically any sim that has a "combined output" option) be changed so it looks like the attached when the "Combined Output" is selected for viewing and there's no Output #2 (i.e. the chamber is sealed)?

I've got a boxplan design that looks at a sealed FLH than can be optionally changed to a vented FLH, and modifying the Loudspeaker Wizard to show the power response like that would allow the user to leave the Loudspeaker Wizard set to "Combined Response" and just F6 to see how the response changes with any changes in the model exported from BOXPLAN.
Attached Images
File Type: png 2020-06-30.png (12.4 KB, 99 views)
Old 30th June 2020, 06:15 AM   #10873
David McBean is offline David McBean  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamAnytime View Post
Is there any possibility of inputting a formula for the profile of a segment or throat?
No.
Old 30th June 2020, 06:39 AM   #10874
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Steele View Post
can the power response of a vented FLH (or basically any sim that has a "combined output" option) be changed so it looks like the attached when the "Combined Output" is selected for viewing and there's no Output #2 (i.e. the chamber is sealed)?
I would prefer to leave things the way that they are - less confusing for the user.
Old 30th June 2020, 11:44 AM   #10875
diyAudio Member

Quote:
can the power response of a vented FLH (or basically any sim that has a "combined output" option) be changed so it looks like the attached when the "Combined Output" is selected for viewing and there's no Output #2 (i.e. the chamber is sealed)?
I think I may have come up with a way to give you what you want while still meeting my "no confusion" requirement. It will however work a bit differently to your suggested method. If no problems arise during testing the new functionality will be included in the next update.
Old 30th June 2020, 11:50 AM   #10876
Brian Steele is offline Brian Steele  Grenada
diyAudio Member

Nice. I've got a beta workbook that I'm working on now that allows (or will allow) the user to switch easily between a sealed or vented FLH. I can send a copy to you via e-mail if you want to use it for experimenting with your method. I can't publish it publicly on my site as the design is a proprietary one and I'd need permission from the owner first.
Old 1st July 2020, 03:34 AM   #10877
Booger weldz is offline Booger weldz  United States
diyAudio Member

Red ‘Le’ mode triggers an issue in the OD ‘closed’ sim types where ‘electrical impedance is displayed as the direct radiator equivalent or as if the vent did not exist it seems. It’s fine with black ‘Le’ as far as I can tell. And if I switch the value in black ‘Le’ to the one for ‘Bl’ in red ‘Le’ the results show in Electrical impedance...which may or may not be the equivalent to adjusting Qes by twice, but I’m
not sure how that red ‘Le’ is derived by or implemented upon Bl as inductance otherwise in the SIM

Last edited by Booger weldz; 1st July 2020 at 03:44 AM.
Old 1st July 2020, 04:22 AM   #10878
multi is offline multi  Australia
diyAudio Member

What kind of horn is this?
Old 1st July 2020, 04:25 AM   #10879
multi is offline multi  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default HOrn speaker

Sorry pressed the wrong button.
What type of horn is this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Actpro Audio Double 12 Inch T24n Full Range.jpg (137.3 KB, 71 views)
Old 1st July 2020, 05:19 AM   #10880
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I can send a copy to you via e-mail if you want to use it for experimenting with your method.
Hi Brian,

A copy of the workbook in .xls format to use during testing would be very helpful, thanks.

Kind regards,

David

HornrespHide this!Advertise here!