Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hornresp
Hornresp
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th December 2019, 03:38 PM   #10291
papasteack is offline papasteack  France
diyAudio Member

Maybe it is better to keep it separate from hornresp until a chuffing and port compression model comes to life.
Old 12th December 2019, 05:14 AM   #10292
David McBean is offline David McBean  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by papasteack View Post
Maybe it is better to keep it separate from hornresp
A great suggestion.

Saves me having to do any more work until someone develops a suitable model :-).
Old 12th December 2019, 12:48 PM   #10293
mwmkravchenko is offline mwmkravchenko  Canada
Mark Kravchenko
diyAudio Member

Hornresp
Quote:
Originally Posted by papasteack View Post
Maybe it is better to keep it separate from hornresp until a chuffing and port compression model comes to life.

There are a few papers that seem to address this. I did a quick look yesterday. My math powers are more than a little rusty. I'll try to sift through them over the next few days.
Old Yesterday, 09:16 PM   #10294
rickmcinnis is offline rickmcinnis  United States
diyAudio Member

Dear Mr. McBean,

I have looked and I cannot find WHAT a closed box with offset driver enclosure is.

Could you direct me to where this is explained?

I assumed it was simply a closed box with the driver not mounted in the middle of the baffle but the model seems to suggest something more than that.

Let me know, please.

THANKS and take care,
Old Today, 06:44 AM   #10295
David McBean is offline David McBean  Australia
diyAudio Member

Hi Rick,

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmcinnis View Post
I have looked and I cannot find WHAT a closed box with offset driver enclosure is.
See the 'Direct Radiator in a closed-Box Enclosure With Offset Driver' entry in the Loudspeaker Models section of the Help file for details. Attachment 1 refers.

The easiest way to specify a 'closed box with offset driver' is to use the the Input Wizard to generate a representative example, and to then change the input parameter values to suit the actual design. The Input Wizard is accessed from under the main input parameters window Help menu. Attachment 2 refers.

The input parameter values for the Input Wizard representative example are shown in Attachment 3. Note that the Clo 'closed horn mouth' option (circled in red) has been specified.

If required, absorbent filling material can be added to the enclosure using the Loudspeaker Wizard, as shown in Attachment 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmcinnis View Post
I assumed it was simply a closed box with the driver not mounted in the middle of the baffle
The driver is mounted in the middle of the baffle on one axis, but not on the other. To illustrate, in Attachment 4 the driver is centred on the vertical Y-axis but offset on the horizontal X-axis.

Kind regards,

David
Attached Images
File Type: png Attach_1.png (67.0 KB, 38 views)
File Type: png Attach_2.png (35.9 KB, 38 views)
File Type: png Attach_3.png (53.3 KB, 38 views)
File Type: png Attach_4.png (45.1 KB, 38 views)
Old Today, 01:36 PM   #10296
kees52 is offline kees52  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Hi All

I did measurements with the bass closed sub after putting a shelf filter on, it does up the respons so 20 hz fall into the whole respons, nabure not happy, because the measurement did rattle his stuff in the kitchen, but have a good relationship and he loves house, so was curieus about what I did.

The box and the old phillips with a tweeter do like good, hoever the dips in the bass, I think these are room modes or maybe the placement as it is not good between couche and tv, maybe it need open in the middle, can make a table from it for example..

Now I go build the dipole and measure together to see if it does cardioid the solution for room modes?

For the bass, I go build me a class D bass amplifier with a shelf into it, now it is on a hybrid amp open loop.

The last respons you can soo on pic 4 these is raw measurement.

have a nice day.

kees
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN3780.JPG (361.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN3917.JPG (384.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg measure1.jpg (348.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg measure2.jpg (332.3 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by kees52; Today at 01:39 PM.

HornrespHide this!Advertise here!