Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hornresp
Hornresp
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th October 2019, 10:32 AM   #10071
papasteack is offline papasteack  France
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David McBean View Post
It seems that you have also... :-).
Too late to edit to add "also" in my last post First my list, theirs later.
Old 19th October 2019, 03:55 PM   #10072
Sven R is offline Sven R
diyAudio Member

This software has instructions that useless (for me), as far as calculating something as simple as (as it is stated in this program manual) ¨Direct radiator in a vented-box enclosure¨.

For example it states, quote: ... and set S1 to L45 = 0

That means NOTHING to me /or any other logical person ...

And also, Vrc, Lrc, Ap, Lpt > 0 is totally confusing ...

I am trying to calculate volume and port for Beyma 12P80Nd v2 12 inch speaker for a P.A. two way enclosure, and cannot do it with this Hornresponse program (many years ago, I did have good results calculating horns with this same program, earlier versions, of course). It is recommended that this Beyma Neodymium speaker gets a box with about 40 liters of air, tuned to 75 Hz, so I am trying to calculate A PORT (PREFERRABLY NOT A ROUND ONE, BUT A SQUARE ONE, AND MOST PREFERRABLY A SLOTTED PORT THAT WOULD BE ¨DEEP¨ 15 milimeters as my enclosure wood thickness). Any assistance is most welcome! Thanks in advance ... Sven
Old 19th October 2019, 04:18 PM   #10073
Sven R is offline Sven R
diyAudio Member

ADENDUM:

Beyma 12P80Nd v2 T/S data:

fs - 47 Hz
Re - 5 Ohm
Mmd - 74 g
Sd - 550 sq. cm
Vas - 65 liters
Qes - 0.20
Qts - 0.19
Qms - 5.2
Cms - 152 um/N
Rms - 4.2 kg/s
le - 0.9 mH
Xmax - 7.5 mm
Old 19th October 2019, 08:23 PM   #10074
papasteack is offline papasteack  France
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven R View Post
This software has instructions that useless (for me), as far as calculating something as simple as (as it is stated in this program manual) ¨Direct radiator in a vented-box enclosure¨.

I am trying to calculate volume and port for Beyma 12P80Nd v2 12 inch speaker for a P.A. two way enclosure, and cannot do it with this Hornresponse program (many years ago, I did have good results calculating horns with this same program, earlier versions, of course). It is recommended that this Beyma Neodymium speaker gets a box with about 40 liters of air, tuned to 75 Hz, so I am trying to calculate A PORT (PREFERRABLY NOT A ROUND ONE, BUT A SQUARE ONE, AND MOST PREFERRABLY A SLOTTED PORT THAT WOULD BE ¨DEEP¨ 15 milimeters as my enclosure wood thickness). Any assistance is most welcome! Thanks in advance ... Sven
Put mouse on Vrc Lrc Ap Lpt and really good description appears bellow. 12P80Nd seems well suited for higher order box than reflex box. Or maybe are you refering to a bandpass box ? In all case, you can start clicking on help=>Input wizard. Forget for a reflex box S1....L12...etc for the moment.
And hornresp doesn't matter of the number nor shape of vent until you don't use segments (S1...L12...etc), just input it/their cross-sectional total area, and length. Verify what you do looking at tool=>view shematic.

Last edited by papasteack; 19th October 2019 at 08:29 PM.
Old 20th October 2019, 09:49 AM   #10075
David McBean is offline David McBean  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven R View Post

Hi Sven,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems interpreting the Hornresp Help instructions for a bass reflex loudspeaker system.

"set S1 to L45 = 0" means that the values of all parameters from S1 to L45 inclusive, should be set to zero.

"Vrc, Lrc, Ap and Lpt > 0" means that the values of Vrc, Lrc, Ap and Lpt should all be greater than zero.

Hopefully the attached screenprints will help to make things a little clearer for you.

Kind regards,

David
Attached Images
File Type: png Attach_1.png (54.5 KB, 160 views)
File Type: png Attach_2.png (46.3 KB, 166 views)
Old 22nd October 2019, 01:29 PM   #10076
Sven R is offline Sven R
diyAudio Member

Thanks! Yes, it is clear - but it should be also clearly stated in instructions! So such confusion is avoided. Why not state it in instructions the same way you have stated it so clearly here in your response to me?
Old 22nd October 2019, 04:31 PM   #10077
Sabbelbacke is offline Sabbelbacke  Germany
diyAudio Member

I find the helpfiles perfectly understandable. Like any other powerful tool, the user has to invest a little time and effort to learn how to use it. Of course, some foreknowledge always is needed.

I am not under the impression that the majority of users has trouble understanding the instructions the way they are.

Last edited by Sabbelbacke; 22nd October 2019 at 04:34 PM.
Old 22nd October 2019, 11:10 PM   #10078
BP1Fanatic is offline BP1Fanatic  United States
diyAudio Member

^ditto!^
Old 23rd October 2019, 12:01 AM   #10079
cowanaudio is offline cowanaudio  Australia
diyAudio Member

Hornresp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabbelbacke View Post
I am not under the impression that the majority of users has trouble understanding the instructions the way they are.
If the majority of users are anything like me I think the instructions will rarely be read. The SW is pretty intuitive.
Old 23rd October 2019, 08:33 AM   #10080
David McBean is offline David McBean  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default Hornresp Update 5050-191023

Hi Everyone,

CHANGE 1

The polarity assumed for an individual output in a multiple output system is now shown on the phase chart for that output. See Attachment 1.

CHANGE 2

Previously, to display the loudspeaker wizard phase response for an individual output in a DBR, ABC or multiple output band pass system it was necessary to first select the power response for that output, before the required phase response chart could then be displayed. The selected phase chart did not however contain any information to indicate which output it applied to.

This has been changed so that the phase response for an individual output can now be selected directly, and both output and assumed polarity information is now included on the phase chart window. See Attachments 2 (before change) and 3 (after change).

CHANGE 3

The path length value has been removed from the combined response phase and group delay chart captions so as not to imply that the path length is included in the phase and group delay calculations. The charts now also indicate that the combined response is being shown. See Attachments 4 (before change) and 5 (after change).

CHANGE 4

Loudspeaker wizard dipole pressure response chart results can now be exported. See Attachment 6.

CHANGE 5

Individual and total power response and individual impedance and displacement results for multiple entry horn loudspeakers can now be exported. See Attachment 7.

BUG FIX

The combined phase result for an ABC type loudspeaker was not correct. This has now been fixed.

Kind regards,

David
Attached Images
File Type: png Attach_1.png (63.4 KB, 107 views)
File Type: png Attach_2.png (59.1 KB, 105 views)
File Type: png Attach_3.png (59.5 KB, 92 views)
File Type: png Attach_4.png (63.8 KB, 16 views)
File Type: png Attach_5.png (63.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: png Attach_6.png (59.9 KB, 19 views)
File Type: png Attach_7.png (62.2 KB, 21 views)

HornrespHide this!Advertise here!