New Audiopulse / TC Sounds subwoofer drivers at Parts Express.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As many are aware, TC Sounds completely changed their stuff (once again) a while back ago. As far as I can tell, it seems like things have been on hold for a short period of time, at least as far as consumers are concerned, until now. Of course, quality is probably superb..and massive excursion, high BL, and solid heavy duty construction continues to remain as the underlying features, as expected. And, the prices are ridiculously high, as expected. I certainly have no intentions of owning any of these. However, I did find myself a bit surprised earlier today when the first place I see the new line being sold was no other than Parts Express. But after a brief moment of thought and reminiscence in regards to the direction I've seen this company going over the last couple of years or so, I can't really say it's very surprising after all. Anyway, I'm no longer such a huge fan of this kind of stuff like I once was.. Just thought I'd pass this along for those who might be interested..

http://www.tcsounds.com/

http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?&WebPage_ID=3&manufacturer=419&sm=2&so=1

I just got an email flyer from PE today announcing the Audiopulse line, so I took a look at the page, then did a search here and found your post.

Crazy expensive they are - appear to be marketed toward SPL-competitive car audio? Not my cuppa tea by a long shot, and definitely a niche market - people with money to burn on super custom SUVs and such, where they've turned the vehicle into an outrageous rolling sound system that can play so loud you can't even be in the vehicle when it's cranked up for risk of hearing damage. Useless in my book - give me good old fashioned high fidelity any day - but variety is the spice of life as they say.

They certainly appear to be bullet proof, which is what accounts, at least partially, for the price tags...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.