Sub placement to counter wide dispersion?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
:confused: Planning on making duel subs with duel 12" sealed drivers... and not sure what configuration to plan on, when taking advantage of the room to level out the [lowest] dip caused by dispersion--when using larger woofers. Thought about a vertical box with ear level centered between the 2 woofers, and placed roughly :xeye: 16" from the wall?!?

Any ideas, or good web sources that show the effects of different placement regarding sub-bass response???

Thanks, kyrie48

I'm not sure is dispersion si the right word, so I'm not sure as to what you are refering you. I'd suggest investing in a measurement mic, or if on a budget a radioshack SPL meter, then using roomeq wizard to empirically determine the best practical placement. If you have duel drivers then you will get smoother response placing them in seperate enclosures and in different places in the room.

Have a look at this:

http://www.harman.com/wp/pdf/multsubs.pdf

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.