targa

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
thanks!!!

they're great actually.. i've used 4 of them (x150dvc)..i was asking about targa because here in cebu, thats the only sub with the highest reliability (physically) & power thats locally available..& it just can't take the punishment from my bridged power amp (56V per rail)..

in my free air test,you can hear its voice coil bumping against the magnet with power applied less than 500W..even smoked @55Vrms..:(

i'd be glad if there would be a sub far better than this one that can be availed locally...:smash:

longthrow said:
in my free air test,you can hear its voice coil bumping against the magnet with power applied less than 500W..even smoked @55Vrms..:(

there's your problem. those subs are designed to be used in boxes. actually, any sub used in free air will not handle anywhere near its rated power handling.

I know a few people over here using a pair of those and Orion HCCA amps and getting 148-150db using termlab. and no, the subs didn't burst into flames.

performance wise,i'm already contented with it in my ported box...

just curious,i ran a series of tests..my test frequency is 10-100Hz..
i was playing with it to see how well it performs so i did an excursion test (on free air;so as not to disturb neighbors)..:D :D :D i'm fully aware of a subs behavior in & out of the box though....but that is just my usual habit;always pushing things into its limits!!!:smash:

well now,can you help me what 15" or 18" sub (much more powerful than targa) can be availed here locally;any brand you'd like to recommend?

i appreciate your all your replies,
thanks guys!!!

Here's what they look like in the catalogue.

Attachments

• targa.jpg
    targa.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 202
Thanks for letting me know.

I'd say the parameters are for the older woofers as they are the same in the 2005 and 2007 catalogues and the SPL and impedance is different on the box for the woofer I have.

Here's what I have on the woofers.

X-100
Z=4R6
Fs=36.4Hz
SPL=88dB
Qms=2.66
Qes=0.56
Qts=0.47
Vas=45 litres

X-150
Z=3R9
Fs=29.5Hz
SPL=87dB
Qms=4.33
Qes=1.16
Qts=0.92
Vas=159 litres

I did find them on the DAI-1CHI site once but never able to locate them again.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.