Newbie in California

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey folks,

I stumbled across your site while researching Rythmik Audio subs. I recently purchased their standard 12" kit, (supposed to arrive tomorrow), and am really looking forward to putting it together. This is my first audio diy project. Luckily, there is a local guy that I met off of Audioholics.com that has built subs before that is going to help me.

If any of you have any tips or suggestions for me about building the box, or veneer'ing or anything at all really, I would greatly appreciate it.

Info about me:

I'm 37 and consider myself a moderate audiophile. I never buy the best of the best, because I can't afford it. But I tend to do a lot of research and wait for sales or deals and get "good" equipment that is within my budget. My current system consists of:

Mitsubishi 48" CRT RP TV (Want to upgrade to DLP)
Denon 2805 receiver (Want to upgrade to one with HDMI)
Boston Acoustics VR2 fronts
Boston Acoustics VRX rears
CSW MC500 center
Boston Acoustics PV500 sub
Earthquake MK IV 10" sub
Toshiba DVD player (used as CD player)
Panasonic S77 DVD player
PS 3

I plan on replacing the Boston sub with the Rythmik sub. Perhaps I'll even get rid of the Earthquake sub, if the Rythmik gives me the output I'm looking for on it's own.

Thanks.

herm said:
Darien,

Here is a little info I just posted about using a product called duratex
for painting the box. Water based, easy clean-up, good durability, etc.

This is my first try at veneering. The veneer part didn't go too bad,
but the stain and gloss are not very nice. Looks like I could use
a bunch more practice.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1184868#post1184868

herm
Thanks for the help Herm. But the link doesn't work for me.

SY said:
LOL
And I was just about to say how cool I thought you were, because of your "Tetsujin" title. Iron Chef rules. I like your wine website too. The wife and I go up to Napa a few times a year.

But sorry, I was born and raised in San Diego. I grew up during the "Air=Coryell", Fouts days. I've been a Chargers fan WAY too long to switch allegiances now. The wife's a 9'er fan, so I will support them when we're not playing them. But I HATE the Raiders. I have a "Raiders Suck" T-shirt that I wear all the time up here. I love the looks and comments I get.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.