(Aus) Parametric EQ from Silicon Chip 07/96?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Probably the wrong place to post - but as it's where I'm intending using it...

I've been looking for a parametric EQ than can have its 'peaks' set to below 20Hz. This rules out every pre-built EQ that I can find on the market as they all stop at 20Hz.

I was looking at the 3-band EQ that Silicon chip published about 10 years ago, as I can pick up everything except a case for uder $60. But as I'm looking to have one band centered at 15Hz, one at 20Hz and one at 60Hz - I was wondering if anyone has touched the kit.

From looking at the packet, it looks like it's a fairly simple set-up, the only hassle I might have is that it's supposed to run from the subwoofer output of my Behringer FBQ3100 - so I might have to mod it to run from this balanced output :(.

Yeah. I saw that, but it doesn't really allow you to play with the Q separately from the amount of actual EQ. Otherwise it would be good.

Using a simulator, I'm looking at a 1 octave boost at 20Hz and another at 14/15. Sort of like a Linkwitz transform, but with a roll-off back to 'normal' by about 10Hz rather than a flat boost all the way to DC.

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
Cloth Ears said:
Sort of like a Linkwitz transform, but with a roll-off back to 'normal' by about 10Hz rather than a flat boost all the way to DC.

Linkwitz transform is hard to beat when done properly. Subsonic filter can be used (I don,t, there's interesting stuff < 10Hz:D ) to cut below 10Hz.
Being a taylored boost(or cut) ideally suited to the driver and box, I think it's the best solution for monster bass.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.