• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Sonic Craft capacitor matching levels

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

First, did you see the explanation above the selection field?

>> "Our precision matching is in "pairs" only. You may request a larger matched group, but it may not be possible. Occasionally, we can not find a matched pair. If this is the case, Customer Service will contact you. We offer three levels of matched pairs: L1-factory tolerance 1% matching; L2-1/2 factory tolerance 1% matching; L3-1/4 factory tolerance 1/2% matching".

If so, could you be more specific about what you do not understand?

Understand fully that this is an old post.
As a newbie, I found it by googling the same question this OP had.

I did read the blurb reprinted in the second post (above), but do not understand the terminology following "L1", "L2", etc.

Can someone explain?
Thanks in advance.

Hello,

L1, L2, and L3 in the context of this thread only pertains to component matching at Sonic Craft, Inc. The OP apparently missed the explanation directly above the selection field for the various levels of matching. Once reposted here, he understood.

If you are finding the explanation of matching a meaningless blurb, it would likely be easier to directly address what you are looking for. If you are not looking to buy matched components from Sonic Craft, the nomenclature used here is meaningless.

So, what parts are you looking for?

Let me try to make this clearer.

I did NOT miss the "blurb" while at SonicCraft. I read it, but, as I wrote, the terminology following "L1", etc., doesn't mean anything to me. So I googled it. That brought me here.

I need to understand it, before deciding what level of matching (if any) I want.

Thanks for responding.

Let me try to make this clearer.

Yes, please. I think it would be if you just told me what you are looking for since the simple explanation above is not registering.

I did NOT miss the "blurb"

I never said "you" did.

"while at SonicCraft. I read it, but, as I wrote, the terminology following "L1", etc., doesn't mean anything to me. So I googled it. That brought me here"

My apologies, I thought you were referring more to the L1, L2, and L3 which are merely a convention for us. Not some kind of standardized matching level. I initially read your post as you did not have trouble understanding the criteria until you read the blurb here...

I need to understand it, before deciding what level of matching (if any) I want.

An explanation of our matching will not allow you to decide whether or not you want matching:confused: Unless you are having trouble understanding the listed factory tolerances...?

I really do not think I could make it simpler, but I will try. You indicated that you did not understand the terminology beyond "L1", so I assume you understood everything before it. It is important to list the present explanation as the wording has slightly changed since 5.5 years ago. It has not changed in the past few years: "Our precision matching applies to "pairs". You may request a larger matched group, but it may not be possible. NOTE: capacitors and precision matching are priced and sold individually ("each"). Occasionally, we can not find a matched pair. If this is the case, Customer Service will contact you. We offer three levels of pair matching: L1-factory tolerance 1% matching; L2-1/2 factory tolerance 1% matching; L3-1/4 factory tolerance 1/2% matching"

So, you understand that we charge for this service per each part. You understand that the matching applies to pairs. I assume you understand a pair means two. L1 matching supplies two parts within factory tolerance, and within 1% of each other. L2 matching supplies two parts within 1/2 factory tolerance, and within 1% of each other. If factory tolerance is 5%, both parts will be within 2.5% of the listed value. L3 matching supplies two parts within 1/4 factory tolerance, and within 1/2% of each other.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.