• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

PK Black gate voltage

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi ,
Im going to use maybe some PK 100uf 10v caps in the dc-dc converter which uses
+/- 9v to92 regulators would they work with this its for an Alpine CD player ? also if I was to bypass a 100 uf cap witch would be better a 0.1 uf or a .001 uf ?

For a switching converter, Black Gate PK is generally unsuitable - it has moderately high ESR compared to numerous low-ESR capacitors designed specifically for switching converter applications. It may still work in a low-power, low-current switching converter, but would not be the best choice.

As for a bypass cap for a 100UF electrolytic, it depends on the application. For a linear regulator output bypass, I'd probably just use an electrolytic, no additional bypass. For a digital circuit +5v rail, I'd use a 0.1uF between Vcc and ground near each digital IC. For opamp rails, there's no blanket suggestion that I can make.

Thank you,
although I'm a decent tech I need some help with a DC-DC converter for a tube preamp would you know about that ? I wanted to use an SG3525 I need a lower voltage of 24v and was going to use 35 v connected to the input and the ground of a voltage doubler which connected that way will give me 240v as a voltage octupler

Will

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.