Symasym 5.3 "AAK model" builder's thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello guys I hope this thread is not death I just need to know a few things I decide this new year to give a try to Symasym I have the file save for a long time and also the simulation too I notice that this resistors have a value R36 499 and R17 499 I foud it unusual values is this means 500-1= 499 ohms? or it means a 500 ohms presicion resistor? I already ask Mr. Rudi but that was a long time ago I don't want to bother him again with the same question :p

the other doubt I have if this design have now 2 pairs so I was thinking if posible to increase the supply voltage to 45V instead of 35V DC? I notice that it clips if the load is 8 ohms after the input reach 370mVp sinewave if not then let me know :)

Best Regards
Juan

Attachments

• at 8 ohms.PNG
    at 8 ohms.PNG
    139.2 KB · Views: 912
  • at 8 ohms 45V DC supply.PNG
    at 8 ohms 45V DC supply.PNG
    146.4 KB · Views: 957
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi vargasmongo3435,
Either value would be okay. 499R would be the standard 1% value. If you look at the error, 1R0 is well within a 1% tolerance.

Other components define how high your supply voltage can be. I built a bunch of these amplifiers years ago and they have performed very well. What I haven't done was tried to run them at a higher voltage. Maybe someone who has needed to run their amplifiers at a higher voltage can comment.

-Chris

thank you for respond I appreciate that a lot, oh yeah about the higher rail voltage I think is best if I keep it with the same rail voltage cause after test on simulation with 4 ohms load is fine I mean the amp can reach 100W easily and this amp is for nice set up to listen nice soft jazz or vocals not to boom boom scooby doo papá! you know what I mean lol, about the layout I made a clone many years ago but now this year I decide to give it a try is not an easy task because I might made a mistake so that is way it takes so long for me to make sure is 100% accurate before I order a couple of boards for me so I hope all goes well by the way is Mr. Rudy_Ratlos's layout design here is the image of my cloned layout, hey lastly can some one point me to the right thread of the black beauty ok guys good day wish me look :)

Best Regards
Juan

Attachments

• Rudy PCB.jpg
    Rudy PCB.jpg
    752.2 KB · Views: 851
distorsion at 9k to 15k

Hey guys need help just assembled my symasym it was fine for 4to 5 days
now for some reason it is distorting at 9k to 15k .4% the rest is at .02%
other then that is fine play ok could a failure of a component cause it to
distort at those freq. without affecting it operation?

hello guys I hope this thread is not death I just need to know a few things I decide this new year to give a try to Symasym I have the file save for a long time and also the simulation too I notice that this resistors have a value R36 499 and R17 499 I foud it unusual values is this means 500-1= 499 ohms? or it means a 500 ohms presicion resistor? I already ask Mr. Rudi but that was a long time ago I don't want to bother him again with the same question :p

the other doubt I have if this design have now 2 pairs so I was thinking if posible to increase the supply voltage to 45V instead of 35V DC? I notice that it clips if the load is 8 ohms after the input reach 370mVp sinewave if not then let me know :)

Best Regards
Juan
Juan
Can you sell me 2 of these pcbs ?
Thanks
Sajjad

You need to consider other specifications like VA rating and secondary voltage regulation and whether these are of toroidal or EI laminated construction whether there is an electrostatic shield or flux band in this.
Quite possibly the 18-0-18 is the better specified of the two. If you are happy with the sound this delivers in your system fine. For higher voltage rails you may need to get an upgraded replacement for the other one.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.