Rotel RX-830

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone have a copy of the Rotel RX-830 service manual?

I have run searches on the web (google, altavista and others) been through the service manual site's, Rotel distributors and no luck.
I have been searching on and off for a few months.

This is a good old discrete reciever, (not an opamp in site, except for the am/fm tuner chips) good condtion, works well and still sounds good for it's vintage.
I was looking at using it for testing other audio equipment, just thought it could do with a refresh, and preamp outs.

I would greatly appreciate the service manual or schematics.

allan

ps i know it's only 20watt amp but it is a nice 20watts.

Don't know if it will be of any help to you, the closest SM i've got is the Rotel RX-400.
If you want it i can mail it to you, provided you have an email address with enough space for about 5Mb.
Alternatively you can try a request at www.sharefx.com. You will have to register, but it's free, and once you're registered, you can request whatever you need.

Best regards
Ebbe

es44 said:
Don't know if it will be of any help to you, the closest SM i've got is the Rotel RX-400.
If you want it i can mail it to you, provided you have an email address with enough space for about 5Mb.
Alternatively you can try a request at www.sharefx.com. You will have to register, but it's free, and once you're registered, you can request whatever you need.

Best regards
Ebbe

Thank you Ebbe
Rx400 might be too much difference being 1976-1981

rx830 1984-1989

but i'll try anything close
thanks
allan

Yes i've realised that.

but also
an open email on a public form is very easy for spammers.

this may not effect me so much but the business of these honest emails address could get hammered.

always put the @ as AT -- . as dot

help protect the helpful and honest business's

allan

rx-400

Hi guys. Newbie here. Just wondering if Ebbe or another Rotel lover may have any idea what the specs/voltage would be for the display LED on the Rotel RX-400. Just got it, and seems to sound nice. I think it was made 76-81? I can't believe it is 20 watts. Sound more like 50. Amazing. Need to get the display running though. Maybe a schematic if no info? Thanks. Nice site.
niles

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.