Harmon Kardon HK6100

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, so far no schematic..... :whazzat: but just a note for someone who wants to do an upgrade to the amp, I found a transformer of much higher quality and more beef that some how turned out to be the exact 28.5V+/- used on the HK6100, it came from a blown up Kenwood KA-3500 I think...... :D

Attachments

• inside hk6100 after(small).jpg
    inside hk6100 after(small).jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 920
It does work!

Hey, you are right null object, it works for me now. This will make my rebuild and insane modding allot easier as I can at least keep some of the original circuitry.

My HK6100 died not too long ago after using it on a preamp that blew an output transistor in a noisy fasion, only one channel works now and not sure why because the outputs did not blow out, but the wimpy driver transistors would get really hot, so maybe they died.

Don't really care either way because I only payed 20 bucks for it just to be experimented with any ways. :D

must have been a glitch, the link worked for me this time.....

very strange.... i just noticed the tone controls are part of the power amp feedback network..... it can be done, but most often tone controls are part of the preamp. this actually directly changes the frequency response of the amp itself....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.