Threshold S/300 mods?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I own a pair of S-500s (Series I). Among the various permutations I've been through over the last year or two, I ended up with one of them running my tweeters. This wasn't exactly the optimal setup, as they're far happier in the bass region. I pulled four old 4uf 425V WonderCaps out of the junkbox and put one across each electrolytic. It made more difference than I expected--all to the good. Currently, the Thresholds are back on my woofers and subwoofers, so I took the caps back off.
Curiously, I put film caps (Solens, this time) across the electrolytics in the Aleph 2 power supplies, but heard little difference. I'm still mulling this one over, as I can see no reason why there shouldn't be an improvement of some sort. Ah well, one of those mysteries that makes things interesting...

Grey

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.