Best sounding analog switch IC for input source selector

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
rythmikaudio said:
Hi,

I am looking for a "good sounding" analog switch IC for input source selector. Any recommendation is appreciated.

Thanks.

Brian

Rythmik Audio

Analog switches have many attributes, like Ron variation with signal, max signal level, absolute Ron, capacitive coupling, etc. Which one you will choose depends on the application. You say source switching: AC or DC coupled? Are you sourcing into a virtual preamp ground like inverting input, or are you going into a high-impedance input? What's the available supply voltage?

Your question is too general. Some switch may be good in somebody's application, but totally wrong in yours.

Jan Didden

Re: Re: Best sounding analog switch IC for input source selector

janneman said:

Your question is too general. Some switch may be good in somebody's application, but totally wrong in yours.

Jan Didden

The question is intentionally made general. Give me the one that has the best sound in your experience, regardless topology and technology. Sandbox on paper is ok, but I prefer the actual listening experience.

Brian

Re: Re: Re: Best sounding analog switch IC for input source selector

rythmikaudio said:

The question is intentionally made general. Give me the one that has the best sound in your experience, regardless topology and technology. Sandbox on paper is ok, but I prefer the actual listening experience.

Brian

I recently upgraded the playback section of a Teac v8030s, which used a pair of 4066 switches. I replaced them with Sanyo parts, LC4966, got from BDent. Not exactly SOTA, but they sound fine.

Lots of new parts from maxim, many have i2c interfaces. Watch out they obsolete parts at the blink of an eye.
I used a max9729, a great part for my portable radio, gone, lucky I only built two of them and have a spare part, radio's still ticking :)
Oh yeah those damn DFN, a bitch to hand solder.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.