Post your Solid State pics here

Fiddling with Bryston boards

Bryston 4bsst cloned boards, these are the nicest boards I ever worked with, thick copper traces, gold plated and the boards are 2mm fr4 ,really a nice feel.

Attachments

• 20190325_172228.jpg
    20190325_172228.jpg
    972.6 KB · Views: 1,036
  • 20190325_144452.jpg
    20190325_144452.jpg
    987 KB · Views: 1,024
Hi Amplidude, how are you getting on with your Bryston clone boards. I got some to experiment with on the basis of your pics. Did you know that the vendor also does balanced/unbalanced input and power supply/protection boards. Had a quick look the schematics and found that the power amp and input boards are pretty much straight from the Bryston manual, with a few small enhancements. The power supply board incorporates power, speaker protection, mains soft start, and over temperature protection - this one is original, although the circuitry is pretty standard. I can post pictures if anyone is interested. The only thing to watch out for is the quiescent current adjustment - they've shaved one resistor out of the Bryston circuit which makes it possible to set the quiescent current high enough to fry the output stages. So be careful when setting up.

Bryston 4bsst clone

Hi chalky.
I'm making some progress, but going slow because I want to use the best components, matching transistors etc..
Pic is from now just finished the small heatsink on input board voltage regulator.
I'm really glad you studied the original schematics, because I didn't, yet, I will follow your advice and be careful under first power up, I'm pretty exited how it will sound, all the efforts should lead to sweet sound.
So you are building the amp too? Or only the outputs?

Attachments

• 20190403_195252.jpg
    20190403_195252.jpg
    817.2 KB · Views: 882