Post your Solid State pics here

My home system, recently re-assembled after a few years of "no system" ;)

During the "no home system" times I had a small system in the lab.
However - hope you agree - having a full-size system at home is a completely different story :D

attachment.php

The "silver" amp at the bottom is my DIY home build of Simpelstark ODNF amplifier - very successful concept with no global feedback except 18db of only distortion negative feedback.
The big black box on top of it - the good old CF-FET V2.0. Completely different concept with lots of global feedback. this one is not used at the moment.

I have an idea of building an active small signal crossover and trying a bi-amp configuration, driving the bass section with CF-FET and the mid-high range with Simpelstark. Some work for the future.

The source is purely digital - Dune HD Neo 4K media player equipped with external DAC (SMSL M3). I normally use some hi-res lossless formats (say, 24/96) for listening. Volume adjustment is digital, provided by the media player - IR remote, very convenient.

Speakers are 10-years-old full-size MA RS-8 Silver towers.

This setup is dead quiet at idle or between the songs. No fatigue when listening for the long hours. Simpelstark is a perfect amp for the home system. 100W power rating provides enough headroom for listening to different content at any desired volume levels. As I mentioned earlier in my posts, Simpelstark especially shines with acoustic kinds of music - from solos and trios to the chamber orchestras and big bands. The dual mono arrangement provides virtually no crosstalk, creating a truly 3D soundstage with excellent positioning of the sound sources.

Enjoying the music :D

Cheers,
Valery

Attachments

• vz audio system 03.jpg
    vz audio system 03.jpg
    612.3 KB · Views: 1,249
During the "no home system" times I had a small system in the lab.
However - hope you agree - having a full-size system at home is a completely different story :D
Cheers,
Valery

Hi Valery, may I ask how you survived years without a big stereo ? I'm doing the same since almost 2 years and 1 more to come, I'll be ready with my builds in autumn 2019 I think. Your system inspires me to keep my final goal and don't loose faith :eek: :D

Great setup, looking good. I hope you love it.
Cheers ! :wave2: