Post your Solid State pics here

I also found the circuit diagram 250mw-Amp-Diag.jpg that my Dad drew.

I learned some basic electronics over my winter break and and ordered two jlh amplifier kits to get me started. I appreciate the help I've received here.

For the first amp, I used an old chassis and heatsink from a gw receiver and made a simple wood panel for the front.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

For the next amp (not quite finished ), I used some heatsinks from an ampzilla (I scored the heat sinks on the bay) and am using sheet metal for the chassis.

In the photo it's sitting on my next project (klh model five recap).

Last edited:
Hello everyone

After being enchanted by the sound of Fab's USSA-1, I decided to create version 5 of this superb amplifier.
This new version of a class A amplifier is characterized by more dynamic, higher damping factor and more definite sound, and even if these amplifiers are very close, undeniably the USSA-5 makes its place in the high sound reproduction.
It is therefore with pleasure that I present to you some photos of my last baby with all the PCB that I have to draw, the PCB of the amplifier was designed by Alex MM.

:)

Attachments

• Speaker Protect.JPG
    Speaker Protect.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 637
  • SoftStart3.JPG
    SoftStart3.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 635
  • SoftStart2.JPG
    SoftStart2.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 614
  • SoftStart1.JPG
    SoftStart1.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 562
  • PSU4.JPG
    PSU4.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 523
  • PSU3.JPG
    PSU3.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 501
  • PSU2.JPG
    PSU2.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 589
  • PSU1.JPG
    PSU1.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 735
  • USSA-5_2.JPG
    USSA-5_2.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 1,730
  • USSA-5_1.JPG
    USSA-5_1.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 1,300
Stereo PowerAmp, build 1979, with fully regulated power supply

Hello all!
I made these Amp in the last 1970s. Since then it is in use every day until now.
It makes about 150watt per channel at 4Ohm

When looking inside it seems i hated wasting space :rolleyes:

On the whole rear heatsink is the Power supply regulation and over-current protection.
It is set to +-42 V. The protection switches off permanently at 15A spikes, until the main is switched off for about 3 minutes.

Attachments

• Front_1.JPG
    Front_1.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,319
  • Rear_1.JPG
    Rear_1.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 1,307
  • inside_1.jpg
    inside_1.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 1,338
  • inside_2.jpg
    inside_2.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 1,312
  • inside_4.jpg
    inside_4.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 1,265
  • inside_5.jpg
    inside_5.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 544
  • inside_6.jpg
    inside_6.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 465
  • inside_7.jpg
    inside_7.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 568
Hello all!
I made these Amp in the last 1970s. Since then it is in use every day until now.
It makes about 150watt per channel at 4Ohm

When looking inside it seems i hated wasting space :rolleyes:

On the whole rear heatsink is the Power supply regulation and over-current protection.
It is set to +-42 V. The protection switches off permanently at 15A spikes, until the main is switched off for about 3 minutes.

wow! amazing skills and lot of effort must have gone creating such diy master piece... congratulations sir!

Hello!
Thank you both for the praise words, but do not exaggerate. :)
I am better in mechanical constructions than in the development of electronic circuits. Everything is based on very simple circuits.
The mentioned "effort" at that time was mainly that I as a hobbyist could not as easy access to components and their data as today on the Internet. Therefore the circuit development was partly based on trial and error until the right parts were found, especially at the power supply.