Post your Solid State pics here

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I'm more than satisfied with the sound, though my aging ears are now troubled with tinnitus. That's why I "downgraded" from my fancy Rowland gear. But I can say that it has great low-end control over my Thiel CS3.6s (2 ohms!), not a trace of harshness, and a pleasing soundstage.

Look up transitional miller compensation here on DIY; it's also well-explained in Bob Cordell's book. The idea is to derive feedback from the final output for as wide a bandwidth as possible, thus reducing HF distortion (I got a factor of 5 improvement at 20 kHz). In my design, R9 and C4 set a "crossover" at 617 kHz, above which feedback comes from the VAS output. That avoids the extra phase shift in the output stage. It does take a bit of fiddling, and there will always be tradeoffs, but I'm very happy with the results.

-Gary

Wow - that is a wonderful looking amp!

Nice elegant circuit and great execution - wonderful stuff.

:)

With the transformer, which you declared at your pages ( from DPA 380 ) you can't get the output power 2x300W, Federmann...and norm for the consumer electronic says, that any part touchable by finger, can't have the temperature higher than 60°C... personally I really doubt that this case can cool this output power down...enthusiastic voices of yours, gentlemen, aren't right...

Measure electricity consumption, please! Consumption of electricity (RMS), while listening to music, is always much smaller than the maximum amplifier power (PEAK)!

Cool Edit Download Cool Edit Pro is a program that helps you calculate PEAK, RMS and DYNAMIC RANGE!

Go green ! for 115Va just use 1 pair IRF's :D Just kidding .... get yourself some big heatsinks , other wise ... nice build.

OS

Measure the average consumption of your Microwave or electric cooker or current through the mains distribution board. Let's set the component values to suit this average consumption.

Try switching on the heat !

Same argument, same silly logic.

That cannot be the way designers design electrical equipment.

HQQF_55_506_j.jpg

HQQF_55_506_k.jpg

HQQF_55_506_l.jpg