Post your Solid State pics here

FINAL MONGREL (1 of 6 pairs) whew!!

Just got through in the "trenches" , 5 pairs for the friends and neighbors , one for me (below) Thanx to Alex MM and his libraries for the SPRINT LAYOUT. Best CAD out there to make the good stuff , no ugly amps anymore !!

I'll show the little brother of this one next (PB60 X2 stereo board).

First photo is the whole stinkin' deal... absolute headroom and fidelity.

photo 2 - The fidelity , the AX ... all TMC (no Xover distortion).. sounds like a 250w class A amp. Don't debate it , accept it. (-150db H5 for real) modular hookup , can A/B 2 amps in seconds.

photo 3 - a VERY close runner up , the BX ... it is like Destroyer X's FINE ES model , beautiful, non- fatiguing soundstage. Bootstrapped current source for that "old time sound"..

photo 4 - they all plug into this .. 4 pair of the matched NEW onsemi NJW21193/NJW21194 BJT's (small to-3p versions) , board is fed from the center .. both input (75-0-75V rails) and the output. 200w@8R/350w@4R- 24/7.

1 1/2 gallons of acid. LOT's of amps.. :D

OS

Attachments

• whole deal.jpg
    whole deal.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 1,795
  • modularax1.1.jpg
    modularax1.1.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 1,730
  • BX1.3.jpg
    BX1.3.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 1,660
  • symmetric.jpg
    symmetric.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,647
Here are some pictures and a short write up on my new pre-amp. This is still 'in development'.

Line Pre-Amplifiers | hifisonix.com

The new stuff is after the X-Altra Mini write up below the ****************

Merry Xmas and best wishes for 2011 BTW to everyone!

Wow!
Excellent additions in your existing project. My compliments Bonsai!
Merry Christmas and happy new year from me, too.:xmastree:
Fotios

Here are some pictures and a short write up on my new pre-amp. This is still 'in development'.

I want to build your preamp or something similar. I just have 3 sources (sound card, CD , cable box). Might just put it right in my amp case. very simple design , wife wants a headphone output .. too. That diamond buffer headphone amp is nice .. in the GFB loop of the op-amp. :)

OS

I really enjoyed the previous article for your other preamp design. Are you planning writing something similar for this design?
Your writing style is quite amazing, explaining all the bits of things and why did you take each decision.

Congratulations,
Regards

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Thanks regiregi22. Yes, I will write this one up as well. A good few months out though. I need to get to grips with writing a display driver (in C). Lucky I can access some gurus at work to help me. I am a s/ware novice, but I'm heading in the right direction! BTW I was in Malaga this year in August at the flamenco festival for a vacation - fantastic!

Ostripper, yes, the X-Altra Mini is very simple. The PCB is not that small though. Sounds good - I can vouch for that - LM4562 is really quite outstanding.

I need to get to grips with writing a display driver (in C). Lucky I can access some gurus at work to help me. I am a s/ware novice, but I'm heading in the right direction!

Hi Bonsai
For novices in programming of micros (like you or me :D) there is a great tool:
FlowCode of Matrix Multimedia.
With this software, i obtained the development of the appropriate code for my Remote control unit, in just 4 months!
Fotios

Upgrade of remote control unit

Just before 2 days i completed the code of MCU by adding a "software address setup". I did as well some small corrections in "Delays" of interrupts. Now the unit is complete. Modes of operation:
1) Management of Latching or common relays for input selection, mute and power supply activation.
2) Up to 6 inputs or 5 + Monitor/Source for tape recorders.
3) Display indications are modified according to inputs.
4) Your Logo can be added for displaying in LCD during power-up.
5) Any programmable remote control handset can be used. Philips handsets are recognized directly.
6) Address decoding can be modified from 0 up to 31. It can also be Enabled or Disabled. All of them thru the use of switches mounted on the control board. That is the "software setup", no use of external hardware like jumpers. By default, address is set to 0 (TV) and is disabled.

It can also be used with "Lightspeed Attenuator", directly, without any modification.

:xmastree::xmastree::xmastree:offer from your friend Fotios. The hex file for the PIC16F887 mcu, is available to anyone who requests it for free!!!
If you have a programmer that supports this mcu (MPLAB ICD2-ICD3, PicKit etc.) simply contact with me at eal@dra.forthnet.gr. Write me your option for input indications and your logo. Ready programmed PIC16F887 are available under request (not for free, cost is about 15 euro included packing-postage-PayPal fees worldwide).
My webpage is under transfer to Freehostia (economic crisis = lack of money = free web hosting :(), so you should be patient for 2 or 3 days to you can get again the schematics and PCB layouts.
Is anybody out there to organize a group buy for PCBs and parts?
Some pictures indicating additions:

Attachments

• address 0.jpg
    address 0.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 1,116
  • your logo here.jpg
    your logo here.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 1,288
  • PRE CONTROL 1_WP.jpg
    PRE CONTROL 1_WP.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 1,600
  • address 16.jpg
    address 16.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 108
  • address disabled.jpg
    address disabled.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 97
  • address enabled.jpg
    address enabled.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 86
  • PRE SCREEN 2.jpg
    PRE SCREEN 2.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 105
  • PRE SCREEN 3.jpg
    PRE SCREEN 3.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 104
  • PRE SCREEN 4.jpg
    PRE SCREEN 4.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 105
Thanks regiregi22. Yes, I will write this one up as well. A good few months out though. I need to get to grips with writing a display driver (in C). Lucky I can access some gurus at work to help me. I am a s/ware novice, but I'm heading in the right direction! BTW I was in Malaga this year in August at the flamenco festival for a vacation - fantastic!

Ostripper, yes, the X-Altra Mini is very simple. The PCB is not that small though. Sounds good - I can vouch for that - LM4562 is really quite outstanding.

I can make it small.. :D I do my own layout/PCB's now. :)

OS