will be posting pictures of btl2000 watts very soon with circuit and pcb
thanking you
Andrew lebon

Attachments

• P0812_28-02-10.jpg
    P0812_28-02-10.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 2,370
My Mark Houston ZCA sans output caps

Here's some pics of my ZCA I built about 7 months ago. The rugged industrial look probably isn't for everyone. I kinda like that you can look at it and see how it works. Each channel has eight 30 ohm 10 watt resistors arranged to provide the 15 ohm load specified by Mark. I used 8/channel basically to increase the surface area and help with cooling. I don't really know if it helped or not, they run at about 145F (66C). Heatinks were purchased as a set from ebay.

Fuse is integrated into the receptacle. In the out-of-focus picture the chassis ground is the green wire (sorry, I forgot to turn macro on for that one :eek:).

Transformer is an 18 + 18 250VA Avel. Each secondary has its own bridge and filtering and powers a single channel. Eventually I'll get new filter caps and play with better (?) rectifier options. I'm use Erse Super Q 10mH 500w inductors as chokes.

I use it to bi-amp mid/tweeters in my 3 ways which both have series caps so I can get away without the electrolytic output caps (they are functional in the photo).

The last photo shows an important reminder to my future self.

The sound is quite pleasant. Percussion, vocals, and instrumentals sound extremely dynamic and lively. I have noticed it doesn't sound as good as my regulated gainclone when sources have limited dynamic range (television commercials). The ZCA sounds more distorted at comparative volume levels. With well mixed sources distortion seems subjectively low or maybe just more enjoyable to my ears.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 2,130
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 2,017
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 1,927
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 988
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 1,060
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 1,894
Hi,
This is my project for home use.
Complementary mosfet amplifier 300w(8R).
PSU-Unit for audio with very fast power response and low IMD conduction on amplifier.

Regards
P.S. Amplifier is free(not Reserved), I can post on thread complete schematic.
Include low-noise,flat response, CD player preamplifier on board.

Attachments

• Monoblock-2.jpg
    Monoblock-2.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 1,694
Last edited:
Hi,
I can now proceed to listen (I have two mono-block), 2x speakers are Sonus Faber "Amator". I first checked all the protections included dc-offset.:D
Short put on this thread all measures.
Jazz and classic I think is hard test with this speakers.:)
PSU out +/-70V

Regards

Attachments

• Monoblock-3.jpg
    Monoblock-3.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 1,015
my dear friend fotios .... how are you leventi ????ola kala ???

soon my latest project is also coming up ....

Gia sou Saki dervisi, to almpeni sou na mi svisi...
Thanks for your warm greetings... I have resolved by 50% my economics, so ola kala (to the present :D). I am in waiting to see your project. I wish you success, and maga, don't make plakomatzidikes works, unless the IMF is coming up :D.
Tell me, what happens finally with OMIKRON?

Fotis

Hi,
I can now proceed to listen (I have two mono-block), 2x speakers are Sonus Faber "Amator". I first checked all the protections included dc-offset.:D
Short put on this thread all measures.
Jazz and classic I think is hard test with this speakers.:)
PSU out +/-70V

Regards

clean and sleek, just pure sexy, great work!