Post your Solid State pics here

" ... Do we need to open a new thread concerning the project? ..."

If you have something really unusual about the circuit, then maybe ... Post some more pictures here ... What do you have this hooked to? ... What players? What speakers? Pre-amp(s)? Did you make two for bi-amping or remote attachment?

It is a unique topography and design ... but pictures, pictures and more pictures are what we crave on this thread ... :D

"If you have something really unusual about the circuit, then maybe ... "

The circuit diagram is as follows:
http://madoptic.narod.ru/projects/a_page5.files/image002.jpg

Is it unusual for you? I'm not aware.

"What do you have this hooked to? ... What players? What speakers? Pre-amp(s)?"

My speakers are from USHER: http://www.usheraudio.com/speaker-RW-729.html

A deeply tweaked Pioneer AX3 is a unified preamp for m/ch and stereo (http://translate.google.com/transla...jects/projects.htm&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=ru&tl=en) and an amp for center and surround.

The CD-source is a tweaked Denon 755AR (http://translate.google.com/transla...rojects/dcd755.htm&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=ru&tl=en)

For 'vinil' source I use a tweaked CA540P (http://translate.google.com/transla...rojects/CA540P.htm&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=ru&tl=en) and original Russian turntable Korvet038 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37pLkQQjQwQ, this is not my video).

"Post some more pictures here ... "

OK! Another one unpublished:

Attachments

• dsc_0697ss.jpg
    dsc_0697ss.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 3,837
FastEddy said:
" but pictures, pictures and more pictures are what we crave on this thread ... :D

For this reason exactly i said "this thread is the most enjoyable from any other in diyaudio forum".
Here, does not exists any circuit drawing on paper, any theoretical spice model, any circuit analysis, things that cause endless and tiring discussions and debates about this and that.
Here it exists only the work and the craftsmanship of each member, in pictures.
Here, the higher or lower quality of each project presented does not matters; the only that counts is the effort of each member to make his dream REAL.
For this reason this thread presented by far, more pure, more polite from any other in all forums.
Here, there is not any criticism or any attack from a member to other.
Here, there are only congratulations, compliments and gratitudes between the members for the exchange of informations about parts and technics, about ideas taken from the pictures and so on.
Here, i feel always like a child in a toy store.
I like to see everything pretty or ugly project!
BRAVO TO ALL! :worship: :worship:

Fotios

fotios said:
-----
BRAVO TO ALL! :worship: :worship: /Fotios

I will soon order some components
and build like this headphone amplifier, mosfet.

My simulations are very good!
I am trimming right now for the perfect Fourier analys.
The 5th order is not 100% gone. But I trying to minimize it.
More to come!

Many Regards :) Lineup

Attachments

• fet-headphone-amp.jpg
    fet-headphone-amp.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 3,730
www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
For this reason exactly i said "this thread is the most enjoyable from any other in diyaudio forum".
Here, does not exists any circuit drawing on paper, any theoretical spice model, any circuit analysis, things that cause endless and tiring discussions and debates about this and that.
Here, the higher or lower quality of each project presented does not matters; the only that counts is the effort of each member to make his dream REAL.
For this reason this thread presented by far, more pure, more polite from any other in all forums.
Here, there is not any criticism or any attack from a member to other.
Here, there are only congratulations, compliments and gratitudes between the members for the exchange of informations about parts and technics, about ideas taken from the pictures and so on.
Here, i feel always like a child in a toy store.
BRAVO TO ALL!

Fotios

:)

Fotios, I agree with you 100%

no b.s. - just good DIY

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
will soon order some components
and build like this headphone amplifier, mosfet.

My simulations are very good!
I am trimming right now for the perfect Fourier analys.
The 5th order is not 100% gone. But I trying to minimize it.
More to come!

Many Regards Lineup

:)

This looks good lineup - I hope you will share your fundings with us.

and i thought i should get some usual critics
for only telling about my spice sims :clown:
aa I post another guys amplifier, which is actually built
which i normally never do myself; build

i wish i had pratical workshop possibilities + lots of money
to actually try my many interesting designs
.. because I know, and my spice knows that they are hi-fi :cool:
.. but for now i can not do much more, than offer my good circuits for other to enjoy :)
.. or to be dissappointed at :xeye:

My first project amp photos......

For everyone’s perusal here’s my new Hafler XL280 clone monoblock. With specs of 145watts continuous, mosfet outputs and a tested design I decided this was the best way to make a robust center channel amp.

The case is a gutted Dayton APA150, the only thing I kept were the binding posts and shell. I cut down the stock heat sink for space reasons and drilled holes for the mosfets. Transformer is a 110v/63vdc Hafler unit, the board is a Musical Concepts PA3D. Caps are Mallory 12,000mf/75v with a 600v 25a Vishay bridge rectifier. Three Exicon EC10N20 and three EC10P20 mosfets were used.

It powered up perfectly, no smoke or hum, sound is dynamic and articulate. The only problem is the heatsink is really too small to run the mosfets at 100ma each which is the stock setting (330ma). The stock chassis had a 12vdc 80mm case fan on the rear (behind the heatsink) so I just put a new ultra-quiet fan in that spot. This lets me turned the bias up to about 80% of optimum and the heat is ok.

Not sure if I'm posting a photo correctly, so my link is HERE

Thanks everyone for your Exicon tips on my earlier thread.

-Bryan

Attachments

• amp2.jpg
    amp2.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 3,580
Three pairs of Exicon EC10N20 + EC10P20 MOSFET per channel were used
---------
:) Exicon EC10N20 + EC10P20 MOSFET are some fantastic FET-s :cool:
I have setup some great Class A Amplifier using them in my Spice.

HAFLER XL-280 looks like original use SK134 / 2SJ49 Hitachi Lateral MOS.
The input stage of HAFLER XL-280 is a symmetrical dual differential
Complementary NJFET + P-JFET: 2SK147 + 2SJ72.

This is an amplfier with Symmetrical JFET input and Push-Pull Symmetrical MOSFET output.
:) A great amplifier design and should be one amplifier to LOVE.
I understand why you can be very :checked: :eguitar: :checked: happy with your amplifier, reiver

Lineup
http://www.hafler.com/techsupport/pdf/XL-280_amp_man.pdf

Attachments

• hafler_xl-280_schematic.png
    hafler_xl-280_schematic.png
    29.2 KB · Views: 3,402
Just had to put the Wooden amp on here. Still going strong
after a week. P4 (frugal)heatsinks are VERY good , full music power without forced air (400ma idle current).

That's the way! And no so much talk as in your original thread.
This is work and not words!
It is not so pretty, but it works just fine!
Which is finally the circuit that you are using in this prototype from the lot of versions presented?
And only one technical question:
Without load, with a square wave of 5Vpp in input, how much is the output rise time in 10KHz and in 20KHz?
I ask because i use almost the same circuit in my current project.
As for the RC network between the collectors of LTP, a well known company in your neighbourhood at Missisippi, knows better from us.
Bravo OS for your effort!

Fotios