Post your Solid State pics here

Bonsai said:
My Amp - I just fitted the front panel this weekend after it arrived from a company in Germany that cuts and engraves this stuff.
Hi Bonsai
It is easy for you to inform me, in who factory in Europe you ordered this beautiful front panel and the box of your amplifier, also how many cost these. I know only a factory in Germany, FISCHER ELECTRONICS known more for the excellent heatshinks that manufactures – them I use exclusively in my constructions – but it manufactures also boxes at order. Is this? I quote a photo of my trial power amplifier in order to you understand the situation in that be located.
Thanks in advance
Fotios Anagnostou

Attachments

• hf60a.jpg
    hf60a.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 25,235
www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Werner/Fotios,

Case is indeed from Fischer and front panel is from Schaefer.

Wow, very impressive looking amp Fotios - is it your own circuit design?

Moving forward, I will not use the Fischer case because it is expensive and the finish is not good. For example, very thin front plate, thin aluminium that cannot take any weight, only 4 screws on top and bottom plate. no ventilaation holes on the bottom - they wanted to charge me additional $45 and minimum order quantity of 3 cases to add this. I had to add a steel 'bridge' (that's the zinc plated metal you can see in the amp to take the transformer and my own feet - by the time I was finished, this thing cost me more than double. I found this guy through the forum and we have exchanged some emails - prices are good and the quality looks excellent. He already supplies to professional companies.

http://www.atiresearch-anodized.com/

his name is Arthon and he is very responsive. His cases clearly have been designed with some input from amplifier designers. I will be ordering some soon.

For the front plate, I used Schaefer, but be careful because they are also quite expensive and the follow-up is not so good. A US company, Front Panel Express provides the same service

http://www.frontpanelexpress.com/download/download.php

If you are based in Europe, then Schaeffer is a good bet - but I am in Tokyo, so the US is easier to deal with. There are some more photos of this amp in a proto form on the forum - look under 'Ovation Amp'

Bonsai said:
Werner/Fotios,

Case is indeed from Fischer and front panel is from Schaefer.

Wow, very impressive looking amp Fotios - is it your own circuit design?

Moving forward, I will not use the Fischer case because it is expensive and the finish is not good. For example, very thin front plate, thin aluminium that cannot take any weight, only 4 screws on top and bottom plate. no ventilaation holes on the bottom - they wanted to charge me additional $45 and minimum order quantity of 3 cases to add this. I had to add a steel 'bridge' (that's the zinc plated metal you can see in the amp to take the transformer and my own feet - by the time I was finished, this thing cost me more than double. I found this guy through the forum and we have exchanged some emails - prices are good and the quality looks excellent. He already supplies to professional companies.

http://www.atiresearch-anodized.com/

his name is Arthon and he is very responsive. His cases clearly have been designed with some input from amplifier designers. I will be ordering some soon.

For the front plate, I used Schaefer, but be careful because they are also quite expensive and the follow-up is not so good. A US company, Front Panel Express provides the same service

http://www.frontpanelexpress.com/download/download.php

If you are based in Europe, then Schaeffer is a good bet - but I am in Tokyo, so the US is easier to deal with. There are some more photos of this amp in a proto form on the forum - look under 'Ovation Amp'
Dear friend Bonsai
Thanks for your interest. The information and the links that you give it is very helpful, specifically that of ATI Research left me astonished, and i will contact with she in order to learn prices as i found ready boxes so for my amplifier as for the preamplifier - with discrete devices in modules - that I prepare. I am afraid however that i will be late somehow because I have spent all of my money in the research. Looking to the circuit of the power amplifier, yes it is my own design – if we can consider him such, because simply it is a compilation from already known distributed topologies that i have selected deliberately in order to achieve a balance between cost and quality in combination with flexibility for the possibility of construction different in power output amplifiers, and her cost is roughly 350€ as you see him without box – totally realized with BJTs (small signal stages by use of MPSA06 - MPSA56, VAS and drivers by use of MJE15030 - MJE15031, and with 4 X MJL21193 + 4 X MJL21194 output devices per channel) with a power supply of +/-60Vdc at 500VA, individual for each channel ( thus the output power lies in 2 X 170Wrms/8Ù – 2 × 250Wrms/4Ù from 20 to 20000 Hz +/-1dB ) a damping factor of 400, a rise time of 1,9ìs, an input impedance of 50ÊÙ, with ultra low TIM and THD+Noise (i have not an analyzer to measure these but i observe these with my digital scope). It includes a smart analog computer for full protection of speakers but also the output stage from all kinds of short circuits, and an inrush current suppressor circuit. The only that is absent is a beautiful box in order to enclose this compact construction – I have spend a lot of time to minimize her size – and be tried for 1,5 year without problems. Also she is flexible as with the same circuit and with few additions it can reach a power output of 2 X 350 Wrms/8Ù, he is also tried and this. Very soon I will make a complete presentation of this construction, step by step, in my web page; you will be informed for this. I quote below a photo indicating a channel from the trial module of a monster at 350Wrms/8Ù (with a supply of +/-86Vdc).
Best regards
Fotios Anagnostou

Attachments

• pa120.jpg
    pa120.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 23,376
For your politeness Bonsai
Below i quote a photo of the basic module with discrete devices that replace a usual operational amplifier such as NE5534 for the construction of a preamplifier or an electronic crossover etc. It operates with a supply of +/-28Vdc!! So to masked the fundamental or dynamic Johnson noise by more of +6dB and to can drive any low input impedance power amplifier, with enough meters of signal cable without the need of balancing the signal to force it. Contact with me via e-mail if you want to post you the schema to taste it. It is very easy to construct him. Sorry for the spell errors but i am hasty.
Again regards
Fotios Anagnostou

Attachments

• pre.jpg
    pre.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 21,760
QUASI from Down Under to East Coaster

From the thread Power amp under development I picked this design as my first DIY. I should have started with something smaller but my stomach said, "This is the place to start". I am very happy I did build this amp as it is a wonderful design. Extra special due to the fact that it was tweaked out right here on the DIY & sounds and performs like a great amplifier should. :)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

It has since been re-wired with a Bias Adjustment but it is on loan at a friends and I have no new photos. And I fixed the burned-out LED with a new one. :)

Cheers,

Shawn.

Here's my amp

Here's my DIY amp. I built it about a month ago. It has been performing beautifully.

Specs:

Power: 100w per channel @ 8 ohm from 10Hz-100KHz +/-1 dB
THD: 0.02%
Type: Class AB
Rails: +/-45V, 19,000 UF per rail.
Output Devices: Toshiba 2SC5200 & 2SA1943

Attachments

• dsc00978shrunk.jpg
    dsc00978shrunk.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 14,135
woohoo, solid state. i keep looking at the tubes gallery, speaker gallery, etc, wishing there was a solid state one. good thread.

here are my babies.

75 watt class D in class A cases? what, am i crazy? yes.

they are stereo amps, 400x2 into 4 ohms. 1.7KVA transformer per chassis (shared transformer) and 2x UCD400's per case. best sounding amp ive had in my system, and one of the best ive heard.

Attachments

• ucd_4001.jpg
    ucd_4001.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 13,375