Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Post your Solid State pics here.
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old Yesterday, 04:14 AM   #6871
Summitp is offline Summitp  United States
diyAudio Member

Wow fab! That looks fantastic! It is making me thing about building a mini amp for the kitchen. Maybe I will look into one of your ussa pcbs.

My adventure in diy amps started off with the honey badger, I already posted pics of the Denon badger, that was my second, and went very smoothly. My first badger struggled with one board. I did resolve the issue, and completed the rest of the project steps tonight. I like to recycle stuff because I am a cheapskate and a hoarder, and I had a nice t3 tape player that needed belts. 30 minutes into that job and I was like, "$&#& that!" And decided the kids could take it apart and play with it. But the meters were cool and looked nice, and worked. So I pulled them and set them aside. I refinished the arcam faceplate, filled and sanded all the holes, and painted it a very dark metallic grey. The meters were a PERFECT fit. Also got the power led working. Now all project ideas I was hoping for on this one are done. Meters work, thd over light works, backlights set up, and closed up, back in the lineup. And yes, I did clean up the wiring, birds nest is gone, everything is nice and short and properly stowed away. 🙂
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200913_180130.jpg (76.5 KB, 147 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200917_212557.jpg (91.0 KB, 147 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200917_215828.jpg (69.7 KB, 145 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200801_012600.jpg (145.2 KB, 149 views)
Old Yesterday, 04:46 PM   #6872
fab is online now fab  Canada
diyAudio Member

Thanks Summitp!
Note that actual production USSA3 pcb are too tall for this small chassis. My prototype USSA3 board was using a reworked F5 pcb...
I wanted to demonstrate that even an all-in-one class A amp with moderate power can be a small size too where space is an issue or for easy transport.

You have done quite a nice job on your recycled amp too.

Fab

Post your Solid State pics here.Hide this!Advertise here!