Post your Solid State pics here

Fotios,

A quick estimate shows that you punched about 3,500 holes only in the bottom panel. Assuming the same amount on the top panel (conservative) and 10 seconds per hole (conservative, not counting center punching, deburring, assuming one pass drill (unlikely for soft aluminum) etc...) it means you spent about 20 hours at the drilling press. One hole badly off and you could need to start over.

Unless you have a CNC tool, you are a true hero.

Aussie Amps NVX300

Just finished some mono amps, also used Anthony's soft start and speaker protector boards. Will be adding Per Anders Rectifier boards once I decide on what diodes to use - any suggestions or opinions on Phillips BYV32E-200?

Attachments

• P1040326.jpg
    P1040326.jpg
    722.6 KB · Views: 2,202
  • P1040340.jpg
    P1040340.jpg
    733.6 KB · Views: 1,987
  • P1040339.jpg
    P1040339.jpg
    769.8 KB · Views: 1,840
Pictures of the revised amplifier Charisma 0K6 (see in post 713 the initial design and why the revision). I must point out that everything in this project it is designed, constructed and machined in my home with my hands except the heatsinks and the transformer.
IT IS AN ABSOLUTE DIY PROJECT.

Holy moly! That's absolutely incredible.

I now have a "Fotios" folder on my hard drive with all these pics.

Last edited:
"Work in progress since 1995" :D

HI Rumors ,we have the same problem ,the work is always in progress ,never definitive amp , before i put in the box I build a new amp ,as always sound better !! never end :spin:

now I have switch to tube , a new better world

hmmm """ a new better world""" ???? well not especially ... you may want rephrase to a """new other world """

kind regards sakis

:D ok waiting for a j2 Pass .....

but for now my EB in class A is in the dust !

I speak only for me ,based only on my diy
Turntable sound magic
Open baffle sound magic
tube sound magic

no cheap way......I start to thinks that speaker 86/88db plus hipower SS is the wrong way to look the problem ,(industry $$ way) ,better (need to tray) 2 watt set with 98/100db speakers ,my next project I will report when done

best

Last edited:
Thanks John
Indeed, i have spent 6 months to finish it.
I am really very satisfied and not because the success of project. I am very satisfied because i have not paid neiter one Euro, be it so counterfeit, to any VAMPIRE :vampire3: machinist, pcb constructor or graphic artist!
That is the real pleasure!

Regs
Fotios

How about a picture of your lab/workshop/bench for us to drool over in addition to your fabulous amplifier workmanship... Thanks

Very honored Doctor Fótios... wonderfull job.... i am astonished!

You are really very good fotios..the man... Da man!.... honorable man!

I have observed a lot, into de details, to see some signals, clues, that was made at home...screw holes misaligned and so on..i found some..but was not easy...congratulations!!!

I was searching to find failures we normally do when working at home.... a non industrial construction, alignment, position of holes and so on...it looks something that went out from a factory!

Wonderfull job... please, inform how long time you have spent to build this wonderfull amplifier... 4 years?.... how long take the mechanical chassis work?

Dudainc.... when they recognize (they did... the scientific acoustic community) that they do not know everything, seems to me they really have a deep and sophisticated know how...this is needed to conclude our human natural limits...our ignorance...others goes delirating thinking they know everything... the biggest the pride and arrogance the smalest is the inteligence.

Se você não entende de motores, e de mecânica, tem dificuldade de avaliar a qualidade do reparo de um mecânico..é preciso conhecimento para perceber falhas...é preciso conhecimento para perceber o quanto somos ignorantes.

If someone has not the knowledge about how to repair an automobile engine, this one will have trouble to evaluate some repair man work quality (performance)... as we need know how to evaluate others...we need know how to understand how we can be ignorant too.

"È preciso muita inteligência para concluir que somos ignorantes... e é preciso conhecer bastante para concluir que ainda falta muito a aprender"

abraços amigo,

Saudações

Carlos Eugênio

Attachments

• Excelent work.jpg
    Excelent work.jpg
    424.7 KB · Views: 2,164
Last edited:
:eek::eek::eek:

omg, Fotios plz tell me that you used a milling machine or cnc, because if you did all this with standard drilling equipment I will never try again to drill any chasis for my projects :D I think I need a :drink:

Excellent job man, what can I say.:worship:

Is the back label vinil sheet printed in laser printer?

Thanks guys for your kind words.

I will try to resolve your queries. As we say in Greece, THE GOOD CRAFTSMEN MAKES A GOOD TOOL USEFULL; NOT THE INVERSE!
The main issue here, it is the elegance of the amplifier's enclosure. In such issues i have an inborn talent. I have as well an inborn talent in fine works. I try to tell you the truth, and i hope you not take this as arrogance! I don't like the bulky enclosures with the lot of thick alu decorative pieces on the front plates. I don't like the Gothic or Baroque style. I like the frungality, the slim lines and the harmony in construction. Like the ancient Greeks!

Fotios

Last edited: