Post your Solid State pics here

Guiar amplifier

Here is my latest project. Sounds good to my ears. Sports 4 input mixers each with a volume control, 3 way tone control with master level control and pre amps battery supply. :D

Attachments

• Guitaramp1.JPG
    Guitaramp1.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 1,758
  • Guitaramp2.JPG
    Guitaramp2.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 1,713
These aren't strict DIY amps, but I'll be improving them myself. :eek:

I recently bought 2 pairs of Marantz MA-24s that are now biamping my Vandersteen 5As. Here's one pair, topless.

The brown or black bars are 3"-wide steel, are footed with Herbie's GrungeBuster dots, and are intended to reduce spurious vibrations.

I'm an incorrigible tweak and will be improving parts in them gradually. Have already added a couple pairs of BlackGate caps bypassing the output-stage PS. They sort of fell in, under the screw terminals. ;)

The 2 small brown caps at the bottom of this pic are the Voltage-stage PS caps and will soon be BlackGates.

Attachments

• 12Oct2011_bottom_2ndbypass_1280w.jpg
    12Oct2011_bottom_2ndbypass_1280w.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 1,269
  • 12Oct2011_OSbypasscaps_1280w.jpg
    12Oct2011_OSbypasscaps_1280w.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 1,507
  • 16Oct2001_right-channelpair_1280w.jpg
    16Oct2001_right-channelpair_1280w.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 1,602
My New 6-Channel Leach Amp 4.5v Original Board

Hey guys, I would like to introduce you all to my new Leach Amp:), all original board and components. Thanks Prof. Leach, I have played it loud (with cheap speakers) a few times so you can hear it way up there where you are.

I am kind of a newbie, but I took this challenge because of the good reviews about this amp, many positive comments here in the forum, well documented notes, but most importantly, coaching from Prof. Leach while he was alive; what a great and generous individual, he always responded to my dumb questions.

I decided to do a 6-channel so that I can eventually put it to a surround sound duty, I am still looking for a decent Surround Sound preamp and willing to make my own speakers. So, if some members here have suggestions for a good Surround Processor-Preamp and speakers, please let me know, I will really like to hear this Leach Amp with good speakers.

I would also like to thank many members here because even thought I been passive in this forum, I have learned quite a lot reading their postings, comments, inputs and discussions. I have not posted any questions because I been fortunate to find answers to most of what I was looking already posted in various treads. So thanks to many of you because without you knowing, you have helped me resolve many of my frustrations and made it possible for me to finish this great sounding Amp.

Thanks also in advance for all your suggestions about which Processor and Speakers to go after.

Attachments

• 100_3633.JPG
    100_3633.JPG
    549 KB · Views: 818
  • 100_3610.JPG
    100_3610.JPG
    913.1 KB · Views: 766
  • 100_3605.JPG
    100_3605.JPG
    965.7 KB · Views: 963
These aren't strict DIY amps, but I'll be improving them myself. :eek:

I recently bought 2 pairs of Marantz MA-24s that are now biamping my Vandersteen 5As. Here's one pair, topless.

The brown or black bars are 3"-wide steel, are footed with Herbie's GrungeBuster dots, and are intended to reduce spurious vibrations.

I'm an incorrigible tweak and will be improving parts in them gradually. Have already added a couple pairs of BlackGate caps bypassing the output-stage PS. They sort of fell in, under the screw terminals. ;)

The 2 small brown caps at the bottom of this pic are the Voltage-stage PS caps and will soon be BlackGates.

teflon hand made speaker cables, cable from navships ? :)