lost bass response

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a 2 channel car amplifier that suddenly lost all bass response. It used to run a subwoofer. It works fine running speakers with the crossover set to mid or high but it lacks the bass component. As soon as the crossover is set to low it produces no sound.

I know there is a feedback capacitor in the circuit that is responsible for bass. I built a leach amplifier a while back but my general amplifier knowledge is a bit rusted. Can anyone recommend me a place to start?

Thanks

Johan Wagener

Probably a vaporized ground trace in the signal path, could be in the head unit.

When the power amp looses its high power ground connection even for a brief instant (you hit a bump), the full supply current is drawn through the shield of the interconnect cable. This vaporizes a trace (usually in the head unit).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.