A. Holton AV400 power amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I'm going to make AV400 amplifier with self-routed PCB.

I want to decrease power supply voltage to about +-56VDC. How many watts I will have with +-56VDC. Does I need to change any values in schematics for lower voltage and what is the lower working voltage for AV400?

How many OP pairs I need with lower voltage? Or does it better to use 4 pairs anyway?

Does it legal to post a schematics (redraved by me) of AV400?

....hallo , to bild this amplifier , 2 pair MOSFET in OP stage its enough , supplied with +/- 55V .Certainly , power output will decrease:) My first power amplifier using IRFP 240/IRFP 9240 supplied at rail voltage +/- 60 V here

Hello,
thanks for answers :)

Here is my modified schematics:
- added a pair of snubber MKT capacitors
- removed clipping detector
- fuses are on power supply board
- does it needed to add these networks to output with inductor and resistor in parallel and capacitor and resistor in series? And what values they must be?

In AV800 schematics there are 2 diodes with zenners in gate protection circuit, does it needed to put this diodes to AV400? And what is their purpose?

Schematics:
Poweramp.pdf

And PCB:
What you think about that way of routing OP part.
The PCB will be double sided. What you could suggest to change in that PCB?
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Attachments

• op part pcb.png
    op part pcb.png
    96.5 KB · Views: 2,630
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.