marantz receiver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i got a beautiful old marantz receiver (forget the model at the moment) but i do know that the pots in the unit are very scratchy and dirty. i have contact cleaner and was wondering if it is safe to use this to clean the pots. (it says on the bottle for pcbs)

also going to replace caps and got to fix the fm tuner but sounds beautiful!

ok cleaned pots, found out the volume control actually needed replacing so replaced it. everything was working good last night but now the volume control wont work and its all the way up all the time. lots of distortion. at least i got both channels working now, but does anybody know what this problem wouild be??

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
odysseybmx414,
I repair and restore many Marantz amps and recievers. Just finished a 2265.

Firstly, what model do you have? Secondly, make absolutely sure you use 200mA 8V fuselamps for the dial. Do not use the 250 and 300 mA lamps that are easier to find.

Figured the ground wire came off as I read through the thread. Also understand that a line level signal into the main in jack may drive the amp into clipping. It would certianly be loud.

-Chris

... two years , a go , I rebuild my old marantz receiver,model SR 7100 DC ... 1. I replace all , old caps from power supplier with new elco-s :) 2. I clean pots with a mixture of therpinol and silicon oil . ;) And now its sound great :cool:

A HAPPY NEW YEAR 2007 ! sorry for my poor english

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.